Dodge Nitro Forum - Forums and Owners Club! SRT Viper Forum

Go Back   Dodge Nitro Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Dodge Nitro Forum - News Desk > Dodge Nitro Forums News and Announcements

Notices

Dodge Nitro Forums News and Announcements Latest news and announcements regarding the forum.
Subscribe to our forum RSS Feed!

Old 11-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Dodge Nitro Forum

Vehicle: Nitro
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1654
GT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Why registering here is safe!

Why does Nitroforumz.com require registration?

Many folks are rightly concerned about privacy and distributing their personal email addresses to websites for fear of identity theft, a deluge of SPAM, and simple privacy concerns. In fact, we should all be concerned about these issues.

Registration is how a community such as this maintains control over who can post and interact with its members. The point of this is to protect the membership from unwanted SPAMMERS and other nuisances.

How does Registration here protect its members from the issues mentioned above?

Software robots designed to obtain emails throughout the Internet cannot access our member email addresses because of our registration system. Only registered members can view another member's profile. And, our members have a choice as to whether they want their email address displayed in their profile.

Robots cannot create "fake" registrations because of our confirmation system. Consequently, SPAM robots are kept out of this forum.

As is previously mentioned, you have the choice as to whether to display your email to other members or not. Only minimal information is necessary to register (e.g., a username and a real email address). This email address is only used to confirm that the new user is a real person. It is hidden unless you change it in your profile section.

Avoid using free email accounts as we are finding that people signing up with these are not receiving our registration email!!! We are unable to provide support for individuals signing up with free email accounts!

Trolling is another nuisance that registration eliminates. A troll is someone who tries to incite trouble by being rude, aggressive and generally unruly. As said troll would have had to register to post, one of the forum moderators would immediately ban the troll from further posting and eliminate any posts causing trouble. This preserves the congenial atmosphere here at Dodge Nitro Forums.

Lastly, we will never sell or share any information that you may wish to share with the community to anyone. We do not gather information for marketing purposes.

We are a group of people from around the world that have the same safety concerns as you do. And that is why we have chosen to use the Registration system to protect ourselves.

I trust the above helps to answer any questions or doubts you may have about our registration system. We at Dodge Nitro Forums hope that you will consider joining our growing community by Registering. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me here!

I truly look forward to discussing these wonderfull new vehicles with you within the community that is Dodge Nitro Forums.

Thank you!

Last edited by GT; 11-09-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Dodge Nitro Forum

Vehicle: Nitro
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1654
GT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant futureGT has a brilliant future

Bump to the top!..............
Old 12-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Khaki Nitro Nut

Vehicle: 07 Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Light Khaki Metallic
Rep:13127
Scar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond reputeScar0 has a reputation beyond repute

Back in June 2007, I had just acquired my brand new 2007 Dodge Nitro.
I wanted to learn more about my new baby, so I Goggled "Dodge Nitro" and this site popped up.
I had heard horror stories about "Spam", condescending members, and folks being just plain jerks on forums. Because of this, I was very reluctant to join.

So, I decided to browsed around the forum for about a month, to get a feel for the folks who were running the forum, and for a feel of the folks who were members here.

I was pleased to find none of the above type of things here on the NitroZ. But just the opposite. The members here seemed to be genuinely helpful, and interested in what folks were doing to their Nitro. I also discovered a bunch of folks who were more than willing to answer any and all questions asked, even when some seemed to be trivial.

Now, I do have to say, I had never been a member of any forum of any kind.
I had no idea what to expect.

In September of 2007, I cautiously joined the Nitro forumz.
Just to see if I would get any "Spam" from joining.

I continued to browse around the forum for another 6 months. Learning everything I could about the Nitro, and just plain enjoying the forum posts.
Durring this time, I am very happy to say, I still did not receive any kind of "Spam", and to this day I have not!

So in March 2008, I started my first thread. I was greeted with open arms, 11,212 posts later I still find myself here, and the rest is history.
On hind sight, I wish I started posting much sooner.

I have found many new friends from all around the world here.
Folks I would never have had the pleasure to become acquaintances with, had it not been for the NitroforumZ.

So if you are interested in learning more about your Nitro.
Want to become a member of a safe forum, with great members, with a common interest (The Dodge Nitro.).
What are you waiting for? Join us today! You won't regret it.
I know I haven't.

After you join, please head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
That way we can welcome you all proper like.
Mods; RAM Air, CAI, Rack, FT Hood, JBA 2.5" Lift, Lighted cup-holders, Muffler, Bumper Grill, Mudders, EuroTails

Last edited by Scar0; 12-17-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: ?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:55 AM
The Univalent Radical

Vehicle: 2014 Journey Crossroad
Color: Sunburst Orange
Rep:3547
dhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond reputedhh3 has a reputation beyond repute

I can attest to what was said above. Although the registration process here is tedious, there is no spam. And, that is a good thing. On the Jeep Commander forum, we were constantly bombarded with people selling everything. The worst offenders were cell phones and electronic devices; their locations all around the world! I, too, was initially dismayed with this site but the outcome is well worth the effort.
The site is safe, and there is a lot to learn here. I am still a novice here when it comes to my Nitro, but I have learned a lot and have been able to offer a little advice along the way.
So, feel free to join, feel safe, and enjoy the ride.