Dodge Nitro Forum banner

07’ Nitro 3.7l multiple cylinder misfire problem

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DaveM 
#1 ·
Can’t figure out what’s going on with my engine. I’m getting spark and gas and I have compression. All the coil packs are brand new along with the spark plugs. I’ve changed out an O2 sensor because it was throwing a code. It started off with Cylinder 3 and 4 and then the Cylinder 4 misfire went away. Cylinder 3 has continued to misfire and now when I put the computer on it says Cylinder 6 misfire. Could it possibly be the EGR valve or the ECU?

#4 ·
You note you have compression. Have you checked each cylinder with compression test? Are the readings consistant?
I had a 4.0 with readings over 200lbs except Cyl. 1 was 194. Turned out after doing everything you have done plus injectors and rocker assemblies I had a bad cylinder. Was told by dealer it was common on 3.7l but nothing showed on the 4.0l. Loved the truck, 101000mi crimson red and $4000 plus of add ons. Broke my heart to trade in but $4500 for new engine wasn't worth it. Hopefully your issue is not that. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.