Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '07 a few days ago. AC did not cool. Gage read about 90psi on both sides. Took it to a shop. Compressor clutch was locked up. They replaced the compressor and AC blew cold and gages showed around 70psi low side and around 250psi high side, (I don't remember the readings because I was mainly checking to see if they were equal pressures like before.) for a day and then stopped cooling again and the high and low sides were equal again.

I replaced the pressure switch, evacuated the system, charged it and it blew cold with 70/250 psi. I drove to work that way and by the time I was off work, it was blowing warm air and both sides were equal at about 110psi.

I know very little about ac systems. Thanks for any help.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum @NateDanger8. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Is the A/C clutch engaging?
70 PSI is way to high. Even at 110° F outside temp, Low should be 40-50 PSI
With a high at 250 PSI, Low should be 30-40 PSI.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was too high, but it got to over 40psi low side with a 12oz. can of 134a. Any suggestion about the high and low sides being equal? This was after replacing the compressor.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,009 Posts
Sounds like there may be atmosphere (air) trapped in it.
How long was it evacuated, down to what #?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,009 Posts
Specs are - 26 in. Hg or greater for 30 minutes. Close valves, let sit for 30 minutes. If holding, then evacuate for an additional 10 minutes

Reactions: Nitrogen
1 - 6 of 6 Posts