Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Dodge Nitro with 6 disk CD changer In dash. When I bought it the antenna mast was missing. I purchased a mask off eBay, installed it. Ordered Sirius radio today, but for some reason it will not get a signal to make the radio work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 07 Dodge Nitro with 6 disk CD changer In dash. When I bought it the antenna mast was missing. I purchased a mask off eBay, installed it. Ordered Sirius radio today, but for some reason it will not get a signal to make the radio work. Any ideas?
Howdy!
Did you recently purchase your Nitro? I’m curious if previous owner had replaced system and then reinstalled OEM unit if they traded it in or sold it to you as an individual. Maybe there is a history to your Nitro head unit?!
I’d pop the radio out and see if maybe the separate satellite antenna cable was not connected or missing all together. ( My OEM MyGig/Sirius quit working sometime last year and started acting intermittently prior to losing signal completely. I also attempted to use an adapter to connect my aftermarket Sirius black box to OEM antenna and that failed to receive signal too. I ran a magnet mount Sirius antenna as a temporary fix until I can find a suitable replacement for the factory located combo antenna. )
The OEM-SiriusXM antenna cable has a couple of connections between the Dash and the actual back roof-mounted antenna. If your radio is in fact connected to the cable, then remove the rear metal headliner trim, at the rear lift gate and check the antenna connectors for corrosion. Be careful not to get cut by that trim piece, it has sharp edges! You’ll want to also loosen the side plastic trim panels on both sides of the rear to make it easier to drop that metal trim out.
Hint! The radio location should have a couple of (3 possibly!) antenna cable connections. There is a Navigation antenna, a Satellite connector and the AM/FM antenna cable. The Nav & SAT connectors are very similar in appearance, but should have a different shape and/or color.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. Yes I recently purchased it. When I purchased it the antenna mast was missing, so I ordered a replacement from eBay and put that on top. Which gave me good AM/FM radio stations. I ordered the satellite radio today, But it still shows for satellite radio call the number that it shows. And I did remove the radio to take a look to see if the numbers were matching the offer I got for the satellite radio. Which they did. I see that there is two plugs on the back of the radio I’m guessing one is AM/FM antenna connection, and the other is satellite connection. But that is as far as I have gotten. But I will do what you recommend and take a look at the antenna connection under headliner. That was going to be my next step tomorrow. I was kind of wondering if the antenna mast that I bought but not satellite cable,? That I’m not sure about. And I do know that the guy must have had some type of amplifier and subwoofer‘s At one time. Because the connections are still laying there for the amplifier. Looks to me like they used down converter box to hook to the factory radio for amplifier. I will try to check connections tomorrow and let you know what I find. Thank you for the help

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Sicario. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

The SAT antenna is the base of the part on the roof.
Yes 2 separate antenna wires. Both should be behind the radio. One yellow and one white. If you only have one then see below.
Some after market radios can not use the built in antenna, and require and under dash "T" antenna be used.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you scar0 I am still using factory radio. And both plugs are plugged in back of Radio. When I purchased it the mast part of the antenna was missing. So I ordered a replacement. Just wondering if it could have something to do whWhen I purchased it the mast part of the antenna was missing. So I ordered a replacement. Just wondering if it could have something to do with why the satellite is not working on the radio. When you push the satellite button, all it says is for satellite radio call this one 88 number or something like that. But it will not work for me for some reason.If I cannot get it to work in the next couple of days I guess I will just cancel the satellite radio part. No sense in paying for something that I can’t use. LOL

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
Have you called them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts