Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The head gasket went out and the head cracked. All of that has been fixed and the thermostat and water pump has been replaced as well. It keeps having air in the cooling system and the temperature goes up when driving but as soon as i stop the car the temperature starts to go down. Even my mechanic is at a lost.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The head gasket went out and the head cracked. All of that has been fixed and the thermostat and water pump has been replaced as well. It keeps having air in the cooling system and the temperature goes up when driving but as soon as i stop the car the temperature starts to go down. Even my mechanic is at a lost.
You could just have a bad thermostat

·
Registered
2007 R/T
174 Posts
Air in the system. May have a leak still somewhere? No?

Maybe some luminous dye to track it. Check the coolant for CO.

Was the head replaced or repaired?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a Allen head type bolt on the thermostat housing if you guys haven't seen it or noticed it while the car is running open it slightly and leave that away until you see coolant coming out then tighten it back up it was the only bleeder screw that I could see to bleed the air out of it I was having the same trouble as you I didn't go as far as you did by replacing the head gasket and what not but I replaced the other stuff and had the same problems on my 07 Nitro 3.7 I hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts