Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a lost of ideas on what it might be. The issue is that the Nitro will not start a lot of times without disconnecting the battery. When you try to start the car it will click one time and that is it. If you disconnect the battery , wait 10 minutes, and then hook it back up it will start. I have pulled the battery and starter both out and had them tested and they are both good. Has anyone else had this problem? I was thinking it might be a TIPM issue but it is not having all the TIPM problems that everyone else is with the horn,wiper blades and dying while driving.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My first thought was the battery, but if it's been tested then there goes that idea. Does it run fine when driving and everything seems to work properly once it's started?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it runs fine when it is started. Just every now and then I have to disconnect the battery. Like today I went 4 places and when I was leaving the first place I had to disconnect the battery but the other 3 places ito started up. I was thinking about replacing the starter relay?

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,585 Posts
Starter relay would be a good place to start. Obviously the starter works, but the relay may be malfunctioning & on the verge of dying completely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it is not the starter relay... From what all I have been reading is it might be ESD messing up my WCM. Good new is they have an update that is supposed to fix it. Bad news I have to take it in to the dealer ship for them to look at it. Has anyone else had this problem before?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts