Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Nitro owners. Relatively new Nitro owner here, bought it in Sep 2015 when it was just shy of 101k miles. Just recently started looking into to getting little upgrades and fixing some small little issues that have come up in my short time owning the car. Have 0 car experience before this but always happy to learn.

Just a quick little story for your amusement. When I first went to go check out the car from the previous owner (I'm the 3rd owner) I brought my girlfriend with me. Having no real car experience all I knew was to check for random noises, leaks, and make sure everything "works". That being said, my girlfriends dad is an unofficial mechanic and she grew up learning some things so while I'm just looking around like some kinda idiot, she's asking about timing belt or timing chain, towing capacity, front or rear wheel drive, previous maintenance milestones, etc. Of course I had to explain myself and the reason why she knows so much more than me or knows what to ask for at least. Can't just sit there like an idiot "yeah, all four wheels touch the ground, nice nice. Pedals in the respective positions. Steering wheel definitely turns both ways, always a plus"

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Hi shadow and welcome.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,440 Posts
Hello and welcome shadow,
to the Nitro “Z” family!
Well you did come to the right place to learn Nitro!
Don't be afraid to ask questions here. The only dumb question is one that does not get asked! We all learn from questions. And I learned today that the rear cargo outlet is powered all the time. After you asked your question in the other thread I had to go find out... So thanks for that. Now I'm a little smarter then I was when I woke up this morning. But that is not really saying much. LOL
I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig, then it will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle: 07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,564 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here. Enjoy!

BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts