Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to a recent failed emissions test at the local repair shop with a DTC "P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected"...I changed my spark plugs. After reading the forums about using copper in the 07, they were replaced with NGK V Power Spark Plug (zfr6F-11).

It now has a rough idle (it didn't previously). I've check the connections to the coils and I don't think I knocked anything out of place. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? Can it be safely driven for now, or should I head straight for the repair shop?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
The owners manual says to use ZFR6F-11G plugs in the 3.7.
Is it possible one of the plugs insulation got broken during install?

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
you could try putting the old plugs back in just to be sure, also check that you did not knock off one of the small vacuum
hoses.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
373 Posts
What did your old plugs look like? We're any of them fouled or in poor shape?

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies - looks like one of the plugs had been dropped during install and the end damaged. This was replaced and all runs fine. Engine light still on so maybe a coil need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Glad you found the problem.
Disconnect the Neg (-) battery cable for 10 minutes. This will clear the CEL. If it comes back on, then there is still a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.