Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 Models of Dodge Nitro!

Well going to their respective Company Web Sites I was curious as to how many models of cars and trucks Chrysler now makes. Here are my findings that surprised me and may you. Dodge has 124 models of new cars and trucks listed as of today. Add Chrysler cars of 51 to Jeeps 51 and the Grand Total is 226!

DODGE*NITRO (10 or 11 if "SE" Canada only is added)

SXT 4X2 B Package
SXT 4X2 C Package
SXT 4X4 B Package
SXT 4X4 C Package
SLT 4X2 F Package
SLT 4X2 G Package
SLT 4X4 F Package
SLT 4X4 G Package
R/T 4X2
R/T 4X4

DODGE (124)

Caliber 5
Stratus Sedan 2
Viper 2
Charger 7
Magnum 6
Caravan 7
Nitro 10/11*
Durango 10
Dakota 6
Ram SRT 2
Ram 1500 20
Ram 2500/3500 16
Ram3500 HD Chassis Cab 10
Sprinter 20

CHRYSLER (51)

Crossfire 6
PT Cruiser 7
PT Convertible 4
Sebring Sedan 5
2008 Sebring Convertible 1
Chrysler 300 9
Pacifica 10
Town & Country 5
Aspen 4

JEEP (51)

Wrangler 5
Wrangler Unlimited 7
Compass 6
Liberty 10
Grand Cherokee 9
Patriot 6
Commander 8

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I dont get what our getting at or the point of this...
Counting each combination of packages isnt really relevant and 10 for the nitro really isnt anything special..

I mean look at F150s..they have about 7-8 editions, and then if you want to count 4x2, 4x4, different levels, different bodies, different # of doors your looking at a hundred plus just on one vehicle - what is the point of this?

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I have followed this Site and didn't even know there were 10 models of the Nitro as explained on the Dodge Company Web Site. Sure they are options but they are listed as different models, by Dodge.

I thought this would be good info for someone interested in purchasing or ordering a new Nitro. Sure the Salesman would explain all of this. I really thought there were only 3, the SXT, SLT, and the R/T. I have seen some posting from members that bought some package "B" or "C" but didn't know why they added this.

Maybe I'm the only one that finds this interesting, but if someone else would have taken the time to research all of this I sure would not take the time to reply that "Counting each combination of packages isn't really relevant and 10 for the nitro really isn't anything special.."

Better check out the Nitro Recall I just posted, I think that is "Special".

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
There aren't 10 models, there are 3 and each one has different packages - this is pretty standard in all vehicles. All the packages are basically the same thing - just adjusted for each model (Wheels, interior, etc) and are simply just a bundle of individual features available in one group for a better price. You cant say Dodge has 124 new models because thats simply not true. By adding a feature to a SLT model does not make it a different model, it is still the same SLT just with an extra option.. By that system there'd really be a hundred of nitro "models" to all the different packages available: audio, floor mat, interior, sunroof, B, C, F, G, Tow, MyGig packages..so the packages you listed aren't even the only ones available there are others - and you can get the exact same features individually but for more money..Either way, they are just options and not different models.

·
Registered
601 Posts
There aren't 10 models, there are 3 and each one has different packages - this is pretty standard in all vehicles. All the packages are basically the same thing - just adjusted for each model (Wheels, interior, etc) and are simply just a bundle of individual features available in one group for a better price. You cant say Dodge has 124 new models because thats simply not true. By adding a feature to a SLT model does not make it a different model, it is still the same SLT just with an extra option.. By that system there'd really be a hundred of nitro "models" to all the different packages available: audio, floor mat, interior, sunroof, B, C, F, G, Tow, MyGig packages..so the packages you listed aren't even the only ones available there are others - and you can get the exact same features individually but for more money..Either way, they are just options and not different models.
:iagree:..... good post NWill. Nothing personal to the OP, but NWill is correct. However, your "effort" to educate us all has earned it's merit. Just let it go. :beerchug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.