Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2007 2,8crd nitro.
It stalled when driving and wont start. There is one fault code p0336 crankshaft position sensor. I have replaced the sensor, no start.
I have measured the signal with oscilloscope. It gives a 5v hall effect signal. Checked the wires to the ecu, they are ok.
Measured the cam sensor aswell, gives an 5v hall effect signal and wires to ecu are ok.
Diagnostic tester shows about 250rpm when cranking.
Railpressure goes ti 450bar until it gives the p0336 faultcode, then the railpressure drops. No smoke from exhaust.
Do anyone have an idea why it wont allow start?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Rob1. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Set condition of P0336 ; When the ECM does not receive a signal from the crank sensor when the Cam sensor shows engine rpm.
Have you verified good ground connections to the Crank and Cam sensors?
450bar seems low to me. Pump pressure should be closer to 1400-1600 Bar.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
i also read 1600bar was fuel pressure, and a faulty battery or bad connections could also set the code P0336

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know 450bar should be normal cr diesel cranking pressure? Or is it not enough on this model? 1600bar should be normal at more engine load?
The battery is fully charged..
The cam and crank sensor ground wiring is tested and ok from sensors to ecm. But havent checked ground points after ecm.

·
Registered
2007 CRD
374 Posts
450bars should be ok.
edc16cp31 p0336 - Google Search seems like it has been problem with other Nitros as well.

Potential causes of a P0336 code include:
Bad crank sensor Broken reluctor ring (missing teeth, debris lodged in ring)
Reluctor ring dislodged/stripped from it's stationary location
Wiring harness chafing causing short
Wiring open in CKP circuit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where you able to repair and find the reasons behind all of the issues you had with your Nitro with Crd engine.
I also have similar if not the same situation and looking for ideas how to proceed with repairs...
Thanks for your input...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts