Dodge Nitro Forum banner

What do you think of this mesh lower grill? Which option is best?

2 Minute Lower Grill Mod -- Tell Me What You Think

5K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Waldorf 
#1 ·
The other day I was in my garage and picked up a piece of mesh grill that was scrap from another auto project of mine. I noticed it was the perfect size for my lower gril.

2 minutes later I had the lower grill that you see in this picture.

What do you you think? Should I:

A. Keep the grill in the natural mesh color
B. Paint the mesh flat black
C. Pull it out and try something else.

Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings and I can remove it in 2 minutes.

If you like it and want to duplicate, go to Advanced Auto and buy a piece of Unversal Mesh grill (see thumnail 3). Cut a piece slightly larger than the opening in the lower bumper. Secure it to the Power steering cooler with thin Copper or aluminum wire.

Ken

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I found some expanded steel at work and I'm going to do the same thing but more than likely I'm gonna get it chromed to match the front lights, grille and bug deflector.
I prefer the stuff you have, the holes are smaller. I'd go for chrome..:smileup:
If you like the stuff I used, it is quite inexpensive-- I think maybe 20 bucks for a sheet that can make 2 grills.

It comes in bright aluminum (looks close to chrome this is what I used) blue and Red. Very light easy to cut.

#9 ·
I'll say flat black because that was one of the choices you provided in your poll. I would like to see what the gray to match the bumper would look like though. Either way you are adding protection down there and thats a good thing. Good job.

#13 ·
You have a good point there.

If I did paint it black, I should also paint the cooler black as some of them are in other Nitros.

Ken
You know it is odd that some are painted and others are not, mine came painted :thk:

#14 ·
You know it is odd that some are painted and others are not, mine came painted :thk:
Does your SXT have the appearance package? How about the tow package?

I think those who have the appearance package have painted coolers. maybe it is related to the tow package?

I have the tow package by the appearance package was not available at the time I ordered my SXT.

#18 ·
If you paint it, you'll be repainting it over and over. Too many small rocks, even dust over time will wear it off. Leave it on, looks good and it will save your condenser from any rock damage also. Now the challenge is to spend $20.00 and get something on the front grill :Racing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.