Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nitro popped a #2 misfire. Does anyone know the ohm reading on a stock coil pack? How many miles have owners run on them? I'm checking it today. I was hoping to wait until 150K miles to replace the plugs (25k miles) and coil packs all at once. Maybe even the fuel injectors. Injectors are easy to change out. The spark plug will be inspected. I'll probably swap the plug and coil pack to separate locations if they look and test good. I'll post ohm readings from a non code coil pack and #2.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,329 Posts
Don't know the Ohm off the top of my head, but test another one or 2 and you will have a good idea.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Factory coil packs at 137,000..... I have new plugs but still have a rough idle. No misfires

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The secondary winding was not tested. The primary readings were 1.0 to 1.1 ohms. The #2 plug was moved to the #1 position. The #1 plug looked just as bad as #2. The lower ceramic is burned on both plugs. The plugs are toast after 17,000+ miles. We do drive it hard on vacation and city bumper traffic. New plugs will go in ASAP. So far after a swap and clean, neither cylinder is misfiring. I'll wait until 150k for new coil packs and injectors. It's at 142,292 now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts