Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nitro popped a #2 misfire. Does anyone know the ohm reading on a stock coil pack? How many miles have owners run on them? I'm checking it today. I was hoping to wait until 150K miles to replace the plugs (25k miles) and coil packs all at once. Maybe even the fuel injectors. Injectors are easy to change out. The spark plug will be inspected. I'll probably swap the plug and coil pack to separate locations if they look and test good. I'll post ohm readings from a non code coil pack and #2.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,115 Posts
Don't know the Ohm off the top of my head, but test another one or 2 and you will have a good idea.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
638 Posts
Factory coil packs at 137,000..... I have new plugs but still have a rough idle. No misfires

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The secondary winding was not tested. The primary readings were 1.0 to 1.1 ohms. The #2 plug was moved to the #1 position. The #1 plug looked just as bad as #2. The lower ceramic is burned on both plugs. The plugs are toast after 17,000+ miles. We do drive it hard on vacation and city bumper traffic. New plugs will go in ASAP. So far after a swap and clean, neither cylinder is misfiring. I'll wait until 150k for new coil packs and injectors. It's at 142,292 now.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All 6 plugs were replaced on Sat. At only 17k miles, they were toast. Three had really bad burn through. Only was caused a temporary misfire. #2 and #6 were the worst. The TB was cleaned since the air tube was off. Runs like a champ. Good for hopefully another 25k or at least 20k miles.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,115 Posts
Strange they are running so hot. Did you replace the coil packs at any time?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The coil packs are still stock. Made in Japan(?). I didn't have my voltmeter to measure resistance. The #1 and #2 measured the same. Next time, I'll test them all. Compressed air was used to blow debris off the upper intake. The intake has a lot of little places for dirt to collect. I need to blow it off more often. Plus it needs an engine bay wash. I'll wash as soon as it's warmer.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was thinking same. Mine never have that burnt ring. Even if more than 30k

Reactions: Scar0
1 - 8 of 8 Posts