Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RECALL: 2007 Dodge Nitro
NHTSA Campaign Number: 06V341000 Manufacturer DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION Recall Date: SEP 06, 2006 Potential Number Of Units Affected: 2333 DescriptionPOWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SummaryON CERTAIN PASSENGER AND SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES AND PICKUP TRUCKS EQUIPPED WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, THE SOFTWARE PROGRAMMED INTO THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE CAN CAUSE A MOMENTARY LOCK UP OF THE DRIVE WHEELS IF THE VEHICLE IS TRAVELING OVER 40 MPH AND THE OPERATOR SHIFTS FROM DRIVE TO NEUTRAL AND BACK TO DRIVE. ConsequenceIF THE DRIVE WHEELS LOCKED UP, LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL COULD OCCUR INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH. RemedyDEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON OCTOBER 2, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

I came across this yesterday and thought I would post it for you all to see.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The description you have posted is for Recall F43 which has been posted sometime ago and was annouced by Chrysler in October. There is an upcoming Recall for a different issue involving the ABS brakes which will be a reprogramming of the ABS module. That Recall was reported last week in national publications. Thanks for the head-up though.

·
Nitro Addict!
538 Posts
Just saw this today. What transmission(s) did this affect? I shift into Neutral often when driving down the mountain, then back into Drive, to coast better on the less steep parts of the road. Would hate to have the rear wheels lock up at 50mph when I am not standing on the brakes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.