Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had disconnected the negative so that I could check some fuses etc. Simply looking over a few things. When reconnected. Horn BLARES AND does not stop. Washer fluid sprays out of the back only...., Sometimes the fan will even be on in front.... Sometimes the tail lights and turn signal lights will come on. When I hit unlock or lock on my keyfab only the passenger side lights are blinking. Dash cluster or whatever you call it has almost every light lit. Sometimes it will just light up tail lights and turn signal lights and fan and that's it. But all will be dead inside....power wise. It's been a long battle and things are becoming a little overwhelming with my girlfriend she works in a nursing home and is on her feet 12 hours sometimes more as is, so it's been a constant battle but I'm ready to win the war..... This did happen once before I kept trying and suddenly it must have connected just right and it was normal ......for months.....no problems. Also says no bus on dash. Now here I am again and I'm just at a loss. To me it seems like a short somewhere along the line .. anyone have any advice or know ground locations to check etc, PLEASE HELP!!! A lot say it sounds like TIPM. I AM PRAYINGGGG ITS A CORRODED GROUND OR SKMETHING BC I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED AT THis point.., any help is greatly appreciated. Today is her first day off in quite a while and I'd like to get the hell out of the house! Lol please!

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,673 Posts
How old is the battery? if it is more than 3 years old, i would replace it. Unfortunately, the Nitro is highly electrical dependent so a weak battery can make it do all kinds of crazy things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say between a year or 2 old is all on the battery ... It measures as being right where the voltage needs to be when I tested it a few times. This has got my head spinning .. all of it ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts