Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a dumb question but the fuse in location K1 is clicking when I attempt to start my car. Does anyone know what this block does? I am currently stranded

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,326 Posts
Welcome to the forum @krazykaron. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

K1 is actually a relay. It is Run/Accy.
If it is just clicking, I'd check the battery voltage and the cables & connections.

Before doing any work on the Nitro, disconnect the Neg (-) battery cable, isolate It, and wait 10 minutes!
This will allow time for the airbag capacitors to discharge.
You don't want to have your airbags go off accidentally.
It has already happened to a few members here...

Always disconnect Neg (-) battery cable first, then Pos (+) battery cable. Reconnect Pos (+) battery cable first, then Neg (-) battery cable! This sequance is VERY important.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help?
Welcome to the forum @krazykaron. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

K1 is actually a relay. It is Run/Accy.
If it is just clicking, I'd check the battery voltage and the cables & connections.

Before doing any work on the Nitro, disconnect the Neg (-) battery cable, isolate It, and wait 10 minutes!
This will allow time for the airbag capacitors to discharge.
You don't want to have your airbags go off accidentally.
It has already happened to a few members here...

Always disconnect Neg (-) battery cable first, then Pos (+) battery cable. Reconnect Pos (+) battery cable first, then Neg (-) battery cable! This sequance is VERY important.
I had my battery tested. It's only about 3 months old and it's fine. Guy from triple A tested it again yesterday morning. He got her started and I drove home with no problems. I parked in my garage as usual, turned the engine off took out my key and then attempted to start her again. "CLICK". ,:(
Going to newbie page. What kind of things should I include in my message? Hi I'm Karon and I like long walks on the beach :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: I'm kidding of course. But really...

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,326 Posts
What did AAA do to to get it running?
You could try replacing the relay.
But still have a looksee at the battery terminals, cables and connecting points. If they are corroded you may not be getting enough juice to get to to turn over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for your response. In fact what you said gave me an idea. I removed the hot wire terminal connection exposing the wire, "turned it over" <----that 🙂; Neither cable had/has much corrosion. I put it back on reattached it to my battery and viola, my Ruby started like magic.
Trip A guy used a screw driver dug out a small amount of corrosion under the plastic on the hot cable cable. Ripped it open about .25". Poured a little Coke on it then a little water. I was so happy, she started! I drove home, parked in my garage, turned her off and tried to start her again and no bueno. I have restarted her about 4 or 5 X's just to make sure what I did worked. Yay! Success. Turns out, that relay fuse, well, it's supposed to click. Whether or not it is supposed to continue clicking after the key is turned off and removed Idk.
Thanks again. I appreciate

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,326 Posts
Glad to hear you are motoring again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts