Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having issues as some may know as Ive posted before. I need a new TIPM, but cannot afford a brand new one or refurbished one. I have been told by a few people Nitros have the same parts as Jeep Libertys (2008-2010 anyways). Can anyone at all tell me if I got a TIPM from a 2010 Jeep Liberty if it would work? Please tell me how to figure it out, car has been out of commission for almost 3 weeks now (give or take a few days I guess) and its my only vehicle for me and my kids.

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
820 Posts
im pretty sure it would not work..........from what i understand youll need one out of an exactly same nitro...same year, trim, drivetrain, etc...then dodge will need to program it.........unfortunately theres not many options for the TIPM, sorry.............the suspension is what most of the references to the liberty speak of.....we share suspension parts with it....

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've found a few part numbers:
56049721AQ shows fitment for 2007 Nitro, all trims
4692235AJ shows fitment for 2008 Nitro, 2008 Liberty
04692331AE, 692331AF shows fitment for 2011 Nitro, all trims
68244887AA shows fitment for 2011 Nitro all trims, 2011 Liberty all trims -- same part as 04692331AE

2008+ Liberty is the same platform as the Nitro. Most engine parts, a majority of suspension parts, and some electronics are fully compatible. Body components aren't, and thus some things interfacing with the body are not. (eg inside the engine compartment some items are moved around, shaped differently).

I usually just look on stevewhiteparts.com to research fitments.

I found this site that can program one using your vin to match your model year and trim settings. I'm not sure what in the TIPM needs adjusting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up getting on from another nitro that was the same exact part number. Now just dealing with it not acknowledging my 4wd. Someone told me I needed to hard reset it but not sure what that entails since I’ve seen a few variations of this process. Thank you for your response!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Okay, I think I've seen somewhere that a tool like AlfaOBD can change that setting. I don't think it's actually labelled "TIPM" in the menus, but there are configurations it lets you select and change. I don't know if there's a full reset for the TIPM, but could ask alfa if there is one or if they could expose it in their app.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I think I've seen somewhere that a tool like AlfaOBD can change that setting. I don't think it's actually labelled "TIPM" in the menus, but there are configurations it lets you select and change. I don't know if there's a full reset for the TIPM, but could ask alfa if there is one or if they could expose it in their app.
Thank you!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts