Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hive mind. Got an electrical problem gong on - 2007 Nitro R/T.

Symptom/problem: car does not start!

Key fob works for locking/unlocking. Key in ignition and turn to "On"; all lights work on dash and the usual buzzing and clicking from relays under the hood. Turn key to "Start"; lights go out on dash and no crank/start!

Troubleshooting so far:

Battery is good/charged. Pulled and reinsert fuse M13 to reset WCM. Pulled/checked all fuses (all good). Pulled/checked/tested all relays (all good). Put power directly to starter, works/turns. Tried using remote start: car locked, flashed lights, did clicking, then nothing. With key in "On" position and foot on the brake I am able to move the fear lever freely. Pulled relay in spot K3 (Start) and found that it does not get power to close; bridged pin 30/87 to simulate it closing and the starter motor engaged, but engine did not start.

So I guess the question is why does relay K3 not get power, and how can i fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help, and I welcome any questions to help clarify anything.

Note: cross-posted in other groups/forums

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
have you got 12v+ on the PNK/GRY wire at the steering control module,

this is Run/Start OUT from pin 87 of the run/Start relay through fuse M28 and to the steering control module, cluster,etc

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
turn ignition key to start engine position and hold, test pin 85 of the starter relay for 12v+,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turn ignition key to start engine position and hold, test pin 85 of the starter relay for 12v+,
The PNK/GRY wire is where? Under the dash/steering column?
I'm not at the car right now (it's at a friend's house), but I might be able to check it tomorrow or Sunday.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
yep, the steering control module ( clockspring ) under the steering wheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts