Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone-
Roof rails question. I understand the 2007 roof rails were recalled due to constant defect flaw. My question is can I use a 2008-2011 roof rail plastics only with no steel in them on my 2007. It's just to give it that factory sleek look. I won't be using the roof rails if they fit..

Thanks everyone,
Shane

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,379 Posts
Are you referring to the black roof molding that goes down each side or actual roof rail?
The molding and rails should fit all Model Nitro’s

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Hey everyone-
Roof rails question. I understand the 2007 roof rails were recalled due to constant defect flaw. My question is can I use a 2008-2011 roof rail plastics only with no steel in them on my 2007. It's just to give it that factory sleek look. I won't be using the roof rails if they fit
yes they should be ok without the metal rails (unless they are the early plastic mouldings),
only early Nitro's had defective plastic mouldings, the problem was later resolved with a more robust moulding,
on some of the last Nitro's 2011-2012 they didn't fit the metal rails, you had to buy them when you bought the cross bars,

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
So if I understand correctly, the 2011 -2012 mouldings (plastic portion) were improved, and those will fit all previous Nitros?
yes and no,
early Nitro's (2007-2008) had problems with the plastic mouldings cracking (just above the windshield ) they would flap against the roof when driving, if you had this issue dodge replaced them under warranty with the improved version, But nobody is sure when Dodge started fitting the improved mouldings at the factory,
yes all the plastic rail mouldings, fit all Nitro's from 2007-2012,
also consider the year of manufacture and year of first registration could be a few years apart

Reactions: ShaneLewis

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,379 Posts
yes and no,
early Nitro's (2007-2008) had problems with the plastic mouldings cracking (just above the windshield ) they would flap against the roof when driving, if you had this issue dodge replaced them under warranty with the improved version, But nobody is sure when Dodge started fitting the improved mouldings at the factory,
yes all the plastic rail mouldings, fit all Nitro's from 2007-2012,
also consider the year of manufacture and year of first registration could be a few years apart
I have a 2011 and my moldings did the same. The cracked and broke where the first stud is on the roof. Wind would get under it and make horrible noises.
But the ones I have now have held up longer than the original ones. (I also have the metal rails for roof rack attachment)

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
21 Posts
this and this are what you want. one is left side, other is right.
You can buy them online from many mopar parts sellers, but they want $!00+ shipping.
Amazon prime made these a great deal. Bolted right up.
The hardest part was cleaning the old 3M tape off first.

·
Registered
2007 R/T
496 Posts
It includes the following parts:

• 68032966AB Rail
  • 68032967AB Rail
  • 1JQ42RXFAC Molding
  • 1JQ43RXFAC Molding

Does the amazon stuff come with those parts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts