Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not possible. Even an RCA has + and - wires in it. The core is +, the mesh is -.
I group of wires in 1 connection in back of radio it has 3 plug in's but i only have 1connection that plugs in what do i need to put aftermarket radio in.when i hook it up it only goes on off on off on off frustrating thks

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,470 Posts
Ah, now I get it.
You will need a PAC adapter. Check out crutchfield Dot com
You will need the one for "With a factory amp.". If you have steering-wheel controls you will need one for that also.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,470 Posts
Look RR quarter panel and see if there is a speaker back in the corner. If not, No factory Amp.
If you want to use the OEM harness you will still need a PAC adapter. If you want to cut the wires, you will need to find a power source. The OME HU (radio) is turned on by the computers. So power will not be supplied without the computer in the OME radio asking for it.
Speaker wire colors can be found in the thread I linked above. If you already have an adaptor for the factory harness then all you really need to add is a B+ and ground.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look RR quarter panel and see if there is a speaker back in the corner. If not, No factory Amp.
If you want to use the OEM harness you will still need a PAC adapter. If you want to cut the wires, you will need to find a power source. The OME HU (radio) is turned on by the computers. So power will not be supplied without the computer in the OME radio asking for it.
Speaker wire colors can be found in the thread I linked above. If you already have an adaptor for the factory harness then all you really need to add is a B+ and ground.
Yes sir i got harness do i still need to get the pac

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes sir i got harness do i still need to get the pa
Yes sir i got harness do i still need to get the pac
I got the metra aftermarket harness with oem plug

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,470 Posts
Yes sir i got harness do i still need to get the pa

I got the metra aftermarket harness with oem plug
You can use the Metra, but you will need to find a Pos(+) source, and then remove the Pos(+) that comes from the OEM harness/plug. IE cut the + wire on the metra between the Metra connector and the new radio. Then add your Pos to the wire going to the new radio. BBut be Sure to tape off the wire you cut, or it could short out on any metal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can use the Metra, but you will need to find a Pos(+) source, and then remove the Pos(+) that comes from the OEM harness/plug. IE cut the + wire on the metra between the Metra connector and the new radio. Then add your Pos to the wire going to the new radio. BBut be Sure to tape off the wire you cut, or it could short out on any metal.
Is it gonna be the yellow one or red and white one

Attachments

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,470 Posts
Yellow with red stripe is B+ in the OEM harness. On the opposite end of same plug is black with white stripe, that is ground.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,470 Posts
I'm not familiar with that harness. I know the PAC harness is basically plug and play and several members here have use it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not familiar with that harness. I know the PAC harness is basically plug and play and several members here have use it.
I think I got it now since my stock radio has no rca jacks all I have to get is a hi low output speaker to. Jacks and hook speaker wire from closest place to the amp plug jack end to amp and to the box and we should be booming???trying to do it today when it warms up some them I won't need to use aftermarket.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts