Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think im missing something i have read quite a few threads now were users say they have have a 2008 nitro how can this be,if it is because of slight mod change can someone please exsplain. also what model will mine be 2007 or 2008 ????? im confused.
:thk::confused::feedback:

· Join!Resistance is futile
15,666 Posts
i think im missing something i have read quite a few threads now were users say they have have a 2008 nitro how can this be,if it is because of slight mod change can someone please exsplain. also what model will mine be 2007 or 2008 ????? im confused.
The 08 s have been out for awhile yours should be! :smileup:

· Registered
4,968 Posts
the 2007 model year refers to vehicles built before approximately the end of June 2007. Then they made the modifications necessary for the new model year and started producing 2008 model Nitro's. So, when was your built? It will say on the sticker on the driver door frame.

· Registered
843 Posts
Found it: posted at 7-31-2007, 2008 Dodge Nitro

08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
dcxguy
vbmenu_register("postmenu_27753", true);
Senior Member Plus!
Vehicle: Nitro

For the SXT/SLT, the new colors for 2008 are:

Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat - sales code PXR; ; replaced Black Clear Coat; same black as on LX's and Pacificas
Light Graystone Pearl Coat - sales code PDA
Modern Blue Pearl Coat - sales code PBL

For the R/T, it's only the Brilliant Black that's new.

Other new highlights for 2008:
  • Gray Running Boards (MRN) has been omitted.
  • Light Khaki Pearl Coat exterior color has been omitted.
  • Remote Start System (XBM) is not a separate option. It comes as part of the Convenience Group package (ADC).
  • For the SXT, the SXT Appearance Group package (AGR) is not available on the 'B' pkg. It is now standard on the 'C' package. In 2007, this was a $200 option on the 'C' package only. The package consisted of body color bodyside molding, body color fascias, and body color fender flares.
  • For the SXT 'B' package, the Sunburst Orange color is not available. You can get it on the 'C' package.
  • For the R/T, Blue seat insert available on Electric Blue, Brilliant Black, Stone White or Bright Silver.
  • For the R/T, Orange seat insert available on Sunburst Orange, Brilliant Black, Stone White or Bright Silver.
  • For the R/T, Red seat insert available on Inferno Red, Brilliant Black, Stone White or Bright Silver.
  • For SLT/RT, Parksense Rear Park Assist System (XAA) is a $250 option. This is included in the Convenience Group package (ADC).
Packages:

Convenience Group Package (ADC)
  • 8 amplified speakers plus subwoofer
  • Parksense rear park assist system
  • Remote start system
  • RR view auto dim mirror w/ microphone
  • Uconnect hands-free communication
Travel Convenience Group (AWQ)
  • Class III receiver hitch
  • Full size spare tire
  • Heavy duty engine cooling
  • Power steering cooler
  • Security alarm
  • Trailer tow group
  • Trailer tow w/ 4-pin connector wiring
Last edited by dcxguy : 08-01-2007 at 03:48 PM.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks dutch nitro for the info
but it seems the uk nitro has a mix of all the packages eg has park sence ,infinity ,security alarm,auto dim mirror so i think as mine was built om the borderline date ill just call mine uk nitro 2007/8:smileup:
ps ill have some pics soon

· Registered
4,968 Posts
In Europe, the higher end 2008 models will come with an automatic AC while the lower end models still come with the standard (non-automatic) AC. All 2007 models came with non-automatic AC.

Regards,
Roland
hey Roland, what do you mean by "automatic"? Do you mean like a thermostatic control like we have in our homes? :confused:

· Registered
63 Posts
Do you mean like a thermostatic control like we have in our homes?
Yes, exactly. It will try keeping the temperature at a user set level, either by heating or cooling. However, at the moment I'm actually not sure if 'automatic' in the Nitro does include the heater or if it's limited to controlling the temperature when the AC is on. I do not have enough information yet. May be somebody else knows the exact details? Fact is that the sales brochure does explicitly distinguish between 'AC' and 'automatic AC'.

Regards,
Roland

· Registered
4,968 Posts
Yes, exactly. It will try keeping the temperature at a user set level, either by heating or cooling.

Regards,
Roland
that's what I thought, but wanted to be clear. I know higher-end vehicles have had this kind of "climate control" systems for a long time.

· Registered
4,968 Posts
Since it was not listed at the beginning of this thread, does this mean that 2008 Nitros sold in the US do not feature the automatic version of the AC system?

Regards,
Roland
I don't know about 2008 models exactly, as I have a 2007 model R/T. The R/T has all the bells and whistles but not that! Maybe another member with a 2008 can fill us in?

· Registered
841 Posts
Waldorf. I have a 2008 SLT and as far as I can tell, it doesn't have that automatic terperature control feature.
Or let me put it this way... I sure haven't found it yet. lol.
But then I'm technology impaired sometimes.

Maybe the R/T has it for 2008?

· Registered
4,968 Posts
Waldorf. I have a 2008 SLT and as far as I can tell, it doesn't have that automatic terperature control feature.
Or let me put it this way... I sure haven't found it yet. lol.
But then I'm technology impaired sometimes.

Maybe the R/T has it for 2008?
it may not be a standard equipment thing, but an option you have to pay more for!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.