Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum and could not find anything on replacing the door key lock. I have a parasitic draw, took it to the best auto electric shop in town. When it draws and they try to locate the circuit, it resets. I installed a battery disconnect switch but when I went to lock the doors the key didn't work. So, off to the locksmith, after not having any luck myself. Locksmith tried to rake and lube the lock and said it was too stuck to fix without removing the lock. My main problem is I can't find a book or video on how to remove more than the interior door panel, just removing it, does not expose the lock itself. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
if you look up "window regulator removal" in the knowledge base section of this forum, this will tell you how to remove the panel which blocks access to the cylinder lock, it can be a bit of a challaenge if you haven't done this before,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Nitrogen. I guess that would be a "Duh" on my part, I'm kinda slow late at night. I haven't done this before but something I need to do so I can lock the nitro till I can get the draw stopped. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts