Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m getting a code Cylinder 1 Misfire. I know that can mean a lot of things but I need to get this car fixed fast and inexpensively! I’m a single mom with no car and my kids have to get to school!
My car was driving perfect never over heated. I went somewhere turned it off came back and it wouldn’t start but it was trying. Once it got completely cooled off it does start but is making a loud knocking sound. It looses power and turns off also. It won’t drive down the street because it dies. I changed the spark plugs (copper) and coils and it’s still doing the same thing. Someone suggested i might have got bad gas. Do you think it could be the fuel injectors? It doesn’t seem like enough gas is greeting through to keep it running. There’s also a lot of fumes and smoke coming from the tail pipe. It just scares me that it’s making the knocking sound. Please any advice would be helpful!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Hello and welcome @Amberwatts,
to the Nitro “Z” family!
Sorry to hear of your troubles.
I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details (<click this) and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make, under my Ape Avatar;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
Or alternately you could put it in your signature (<click this)...

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,624 Posts
Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!

BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts