Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nitro of The Month Contest!

Congratulations NitroJimUK for winning April's NOTM Contest!

and now a few words from the man of the Month!!

I am both honored and shocked to have won NOTM - There are so many fantastic individuals on this site that I didn’t expect it for one minute. The last time I actually won something was in 1983 and it was a chess competition.

I would like to start by thanking all of my friends on the site who have supported me since I joined in 2008. I never realized that joining a forum for truck enthusiasts would give me so much more than just talking about modifications etc. This is an amazing forum and there is so much to learn from each and everyone one of you and not always about the Nitro.

As I have the opportunity I want to give personal thank to a couple of people… I can so I will;

Meangirl – How you cope through all your troubles is beyond me. I would like to thank you for being such an inspiration, a great servant to this forum and beyond all a truly wonderful person.

Brill Nitro – I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for being such a great friend and helping me during my troubled times.

Now onto the Nitro…

I was in the process of treating myself to a new vehicle and looked at the Range Rover Sport, Freelander, Tiguana etc, etc… I was driving down the motorway and a Silver Nitro passed me (first and last time) and I thought WOW, what on earth is that… I thought they looked far too expensive but we can all dream.

I was totally shocked when I saw the price of them and thought to myself ‘I need one’.

I went to a local Dodge dealer and took a look inside one of them. They offered me a test drive and I gracefully declined and said ‘ I’ll have one’. If I test drove it and didn’t like it I would be extremely disappointed so thought, what the hell, it’s too late after I have got it…

I haven’t done any modifications to her as I struggle to fill it up with Diesel and drive it so performing modifications would be impossible… Plain and simple, just like me…

The Nitro means so much more to me than just another car as its part of my recovery process. All of the money I used to spend I have used for the Nitro and for today it’s ok for me to say – I’m happy with life and the Nitro forms part of that happiness for me…

So many people look and stare when I’m driving her and when I am stopped or parked a lot of people stand and want to chat… I can answer the engine size questions but that’s about it…

I love the Nitro and even more now it has given me the opportunity to meet a truly fantastic collective of friends…

Love to you all and thanks once again,

Jim.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Congrats NitroJimUK! Well earned and deserved. :smileup: You can wear your new badge with pride. :999:

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim, congrats on the win and I appreciate you taking the time to send me messages of comfort and support.....you are a good friend and a great member!!!

now I have been ordered back to bed by the dictator....lol his time in power will not last long, he keeps laughing....lol

Reactions: NITROVER

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Jim, Congrat's you are really deserving of nothing less than the very best, in all things!
KEEP THE FAITH.....ALWAY's Your mate !!! Billy

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Way to go my British Nitro brother.....:smileup: Many congrats on the win.

Keep the Nitro shiny and bright for all the boring BMW drivers to drool at...:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Wtg Jim! I thought this was your 2nd time winning this great honor, Well you will again I'm sure. well deserved my friend. Now if you would just get that dang X-BOX 360 you would be another winner :chuckle: :D :rep: when i can

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
:Banana01:FANTASTIC JIM WELL DESERVED !!!:Banana01:
:rep: :rep: :rep: :rep: :rep:

WELL DONE !!!!!
WOO HOO !!!

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts
Congrats Jim!!! :smileup: Nice speech

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks everyone who voted for me and sent me 'well done' messages... Sorry I have not thanked you all sooner...

This truly is a fantastic site with some even more fantastic people on it...

I thank you all for your friendship from the bottom of my heart...

God Bless,

Jim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.