1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nitro of The Month Contest WINNER!

Congrats WV Nitro Rt for winning
September NOTM Contest!!!

And Now a few words from the man of the month!!

Hey, Everyone,
I'm not much of a writer or a speaker! So this is probably going to be short so here goes. A little back ground I'm going to be 56 this month! If I knew I was going to live this long I'd took better care of my self! On the 8th of Sept will be 11 yrs I've been fighting Prostate Cancer. I had surgery right off but they left a 1/4 of the prostate and it had cancer cells in it! Didn't know that till a year later after taking hormone shots for a year! But I returned to the Lord when I was diagnosed with it and left it up to HIM I don't worry about it! I'm ready to go when it's time to go. This is always harder on those that love us and can be aggravating some times, but I don't trust Doctors any more! It's all about the money! "You need a $500.00 shot and take a pill that's $595.00 for 30 day supply! I don't think so! Any way, My youngest son and his wife will be back in the states, Ft. Riley, Kansas, Labor Day. After 15 months in Iraq with the 300th MP Co. After 2 weeks reprocessing in they'll be home for 30 days! Most of you know I have a Family Restaurant called the Royal. My oldest son works there as a cook and kitchen manager, with the wife and I. It is actually the wife's, she worked there for 8 years and managed it for the last 3. Her brother-in-law owned it for 22 years and was ready to retire so he made us a good offer so we bought it! This was the same time I was told I had the cancer. But the bank said for me to come in and sign papers after I recovered from surgery! I thought Devine Intervention at work here! I got 2 terrific grandkids, Brayden will be 3 Dec.26th and Brylee will be 1 in Oct. 13th. Anyway back to why i'm writing this story.

I can't believe I have won the Nitro Of The Month! I know I got off to a rocky start here but with the guidance of a couple members I was able to forget how other Forums and web pages were run! I focused on trying to help members on THIS page. I think everyone has the same goals on here, to help fellow members. Having only been here since April I'm still a newbie myself. But we have helped so many new owner and potential owner of the Nitro, It makes me proud. I've spent allot of time checking out everyone's galleries checking out pictures. Looking for ideas for mine or something to improve on. So I've add a CAI, Vent shades, Bug shield, Mud Guards, Rear Spoiler and the newest dual exhaust! Which has been a great addition, I have got a lot of compliments this weekend! I don't know what next mod will be, but I'll think of something. I'm thankful that I haven't had some of the problem that some have. I'm hoping it the year difference. I am making new friends and look forwards to checking out the Forumz everyday to see what's new or if I can help someone out. I'd like to thank all that voted for me and wish those whom were nominated with me good luck in the future. I feel honored to belong to a special part of this Forumz. To the rest of the members please get more involved. We need more to vote for NOTM. So Nominate and Vote in September. Get involved!

Sincerely, WV Nitro RT

Reactions: minitrucker007

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Congrat's Bill aka WVNITRO R/T

Brilliant win Bill one of the best fought NOTM yet! Super speech God loves a fighter...
and a WINNER :smileup:

Reactions: CharlieK

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
:Banana01: CONGRATULATIONS !!! :Banana01:
WELL DONE BILL YOU ARE A FANTASTIC MEMBER OF THIS FORUM A VERY WELL DESERVED WIN KEEP ON KEEPIN ON X29 JET !!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Congrats Bill! Very well done and well deserved. Helping members on the forum is what this NOTM of the contest is all about, as far as I'm concerned; I like your attitude about participation.
Sorry to hear about your prostate (sucks) and I trust that all will go well. Congrats on getting your son and his wife back from Iraq!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
congrats on the win Bill!!! we are glad you are here and thanks for the participation....sorry about all the health stuff

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Way to go, Bill! :smileup::ura1::pepper::beerchug::wiggle2::rockon::w00t:

You are a great contributor and provide lots of ideas for us that are still considering steps to take. It has really been great to know you and lots of the other great members here. Your Nitro is awesome!

I hope you enjoy having your family back safely together. What a great gift! Hang in there with the prostate cancer. My dad was diagnosed in his early 60s and died at 79 from completely unrelated causes! His doctors just kept an eye on it because it was a very slow growing cancer, as I hope yours will be.

·
Banned
11,539 Posts
Congrats on the big win! Wear your new badge proudly! I am glad you left all other boards behind, the Z is where it is at! I hope all your other problems are solved quickly and with the best of results!

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts
Congrats on the win Bill !!! :smileup::smileup::smileup:

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Well earned and deserved! Congrats on the win. I am looking forward to your future contributions.
:appl:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks everyone for the kind words I am honored to have you guy's as friends and to have the NOTM Winner bar on my header! CharlieK your day is coming!! Soon I hope, it was close! It was the power of the Dark Side!

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
The Banner looks good Bill.....again Congrat's...:cool:

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
Congrats on the win Bill!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Cograts Bill,:smileup: You truly deserve and well earn this prize !
Your story is inspiring for all of us, to fight and overcome our own problems.

When Solon the Greek philosopher got asked by Crisos king of Lidia, the richest man on earth at the time :
"Who you believe is the happiest man on earth",
Solon quoted an Athenian citizen - one without large properties, who had a happy family row model for all Athenians, and who's son whas an honored fighter for the country's freedom. Happines is about your job, your family and your efforts for your country. When you are fighting your problems and not give up , you are a row model for all, and that makes you the happier man on earth !!!:rep:
Well done Bill :smileup:

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, the DarkSide sucks! :chuckle: :beerchug:
oh uh-uh, no you di-en....you are about to get shanked Charlie, you are not that far from me....lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.