Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nitro of The Month Contest!

Congratulations LYC79 for winning June's NOTM Contest!

And now a few words from The Lady:

First of all let me say THANKS for this recognition ! I'm really proud of it! Even if it sounds quite weird to be the “NITRO of The Month” without owning a Nitro this makes me even more hounored.

I'm happy I decided to join the CaliberForumZ some monthes ago, and then the NitroForumZ (and the RamForumz, the 300C ... the Challenger... Charger ... oh yeah I'm really a Z-addict ! LOL) all great places with awesome people.
What can I say ? ... I'll tell you my story: when my old Mitsubishi Pajero “died” last year (too old, too many kms on the odometer I guess) I was not looking for a new car so I had no idea on what car I wanted. I test drove some untill one day I saw that strange american car and felt immediately in love with her ... needless to say it was a Dodge Caliber! So I went to my local dealer to see and test her; when I entered the show-room I saw that big and strong brand new Black Nitro R/T ... W-O-W !!! (oh yes ... I was not a Ghost Rider yet , sorry Billy ;) LOL ). He was beautiful, too bad he was also too expensive to buy and to support for me at that time ... So I tested the car I was there for, the Caliber; I was really impressed with the look and the engine, the price was good and so I decided to buy her and decided for a brand new Stone White SXT Leather (I didn't know yet but that day I became a Ghost Rider :D ). After 1 year together (she will be 1 years old July, 3 ... the day I picked her up) I have no regrets, I'm still in love as the first day and really happy with her.

Funny thing my boyfriend is in need of a new (used) car, I've tryed to put him into a Nitro (he likes it too) but I haven't found any used for a good price ... while it looks like he has just found his “love” a '06 Silver Chrysler 300C Touring. Well at least we are keeping it in the family! We are closing the deal right on these days! And if everything goes well we will pick her up on friday July, 3 !!! :)

That's all folks. Really happy to be part of this great Family. Thanks for having me !!!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am so happy for!!! I know here it is called Nitro of the Month, but on the other Z's it is simply Member of the Month and you have proven time and time again that you deserve to be here, on all the z's! you are a great member and a great person, I am honoured to know you Elle and I hope you continue to be a vital part of the z's!!

Congrats and welcome to the club, Bella!!!

·
Banned
11,539 Posts
Congrats sis!! I am with MG, it is more like member of the month and you do so much here! And the Ram board, Caliber board, Raptor board...........you get the idea! :D

You deserve this honor, enjoy it and keep up the good work!! Love ya! :)

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Congrats to you Licia.
You have been a great asset to the Nitro forumz. You are always warm and welcoming to all members and have been able to contribute valuable information as well. Keep all those posts coming. I am glad you joined the Nitro side, even if it did not include the actual auto. lol Thanks for all your help to me personally as well.
Complimenti, ben meritato. :))

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Licia's Win.....

Licia I am really so very happy for you! I have first hand experience of all the work you do. Both here and the other "Z".
We are blessed to have you here and thus that recognition is given to you in the form of, warm thoughts, wishes of continued happiness and that is wrapped up in a little bundle known as NOTM.
I am sure the work rate will only increase and also get easier as you go along, knowing your work is being rewarded with jenuine love and affection for all you do!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

BILLY AKA. NITROVER :smileup: :smileup: :smileup: :smileup: :smileup: :smileup: :smileup: :smileup: :smileup: :smileup:

Reactions: LYC79

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts

... what else can I say ??? I've sprayed this thread with reps all over (where I could...) ! Thanks for all your kind comments!

oh and... bad news... it looks like me and my boyfriend "lost" the deal on the 300C ... :smiledown: :(
... we didn't come to an agreement with the dealer on the price.

Reactions: Scar0 and dk1677

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congrats Licia!
:rep:
You are a great member on a great forum ! Well earned and deserved ! :)
"Nitro of the month" stands as a prize for a member's acts not a car's owner ! Nice to have you and your Caliber with us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: LYC79

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts
Thanks again guys ! I'll wear my badge with pride :smileup:

Oh, that sucks! Don't count them out after one day, however! :)
Want to hear a funny story ??? Today the dealer called me back ... he is now offering us another 300C same of the one of yesterdey but one year younger (a 2007 instead of a 2006) with less km ... drumroll ... at the same price of the other one !!!:SHOCKED:
the price he asked of course not the one we offered but that car is younger ... now I'm wondering ... where is the TRICK ???!!!

Reactions: DrTaz

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I stopped trying to figure out dealers a long time ago. That is an interesting story, can't hurt to go look I suppose. There may be a logical explanation. I just can't think what it is! :D

I got a super deal on a used car from a local dealer a few years ago. I took the car to my mechanic and he pronounced it very nice but there were bullet holes in two places on the passenger side. They had been well repaired and he made sure no damage was done inside the car. I went back and told them that I didn't appreciate not having a full disclosure of the history. They knocked off another 1000 USD. :smileup:

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts
I stopped trying to figure out dealers a long time ago. That is an interesting story, can't hurt to go look I suppose. There may be a logical explanation. I just can't think what it is! :D

I got a super deal on a used car from a local dealer a few years ago. I took the car to my mechanic and he pronounced it very nice but there were bullet holes in two places on the passenger side. They had been well repaired and he made sure no damage was done inside the car. I went back and told them that I didn't appreciate not having a full disclosure of the history. They knocked off another 1000 USD. :smileup:
Bullet holes ? Any dead body in the trunk ??? J/K :chuckle:
Yup, I guess you're right can't hurt to go look ...

Reactions: Quiet Lunatic

·
Registered
789 Posts
Congrats on your NOTM status, and good luck with the 300. That's a pretty orange banner next to the pink one! :rep:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Used nitro's

The last time i looked ,some sweet deals of nitro's,varying miles=$ were on ebay!
Depending on your location the selection seemed best from dealers in texas/with financing netc>

new vehicles 100% drive train warr,bank loans,used private
owners etc.worth a look>inventory starting too dry up>then the price will drive up also/with fewer dealers/the surving dodge dealers the cost of new 4wd jeeps dodge will sky rocket in less than 14 mo.timing is everthing!!good luck

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts
Thanks for the comments and the reps !!! :)

The 300C is gone but I have a feeling that a new and better deal will arrive soon ... ... ... ... ;)
:smileup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.