Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nitro of The Month Contest!

Congratulations JOHNNY for winning May's NOTM Contest!

and now a few words from the man of the Month!!

I am thankful to all of you for honoring me, and would like to dedicate this prize to my brother and all the good people that make possible this great site, specially to Meangirl which has the support and love of all of us.

The automobile may not been invented in U.S but in U.S it evolved to perfection and mass production and became indispensable the lives of people. At the great boom of wheels, back to the 20's when they asked a farmer's wife "why you bought an automobile and not put the plumbing in your house?", she replied : "You can't ride to town in a bathtub" -Buy a car for your NEEDS! Decades later at the domination of US auto industry President Hoover states : "To the average American, our present car and it's size represents an outward symbol of prestige and well being" - Buy a car for PRESTIGE! Prestige or Needs ? I say both!

At the late 50's Mr Toyota visited the Big Three to learn the process of automobile manufacture, spying as he did in Europe, and declared "There are a lot of things we can learn on how to make automobiles!" America auto industry was toping the world on innovation, excellence and quality up to early 70's. Then the cheap foreign imitators strike it back with inferior vehicles when the oil crisis co incidences.

Living in Greece, We had many US cars at the 50's and 60's but these were vanished with the oil strike. A couple decades back American cars were the leftovers of the U.S Army bases and embassy, but recently there is a wind of change and the dealerships of CHRYSLER and GM are here.

I have been with American cars for all my life. Moding or repairing them, for fun or because these were the daily drive. Nitro was my first purchased new, together with my brother we bought 2.

There is no vehicle on sale at present to personalize the 100+ years of American auto industry better than the Nitro, robust and roomy with it's distinctive "Get out of my way" look, plus it is internationally marketed.

To all of these "experts" that opt for the Japanese or European SUV's I challenge them to compare side by side the Nitro underpinnings, arms, axles and chassis to that of it's rivals, Nitro's cage guarantees safety, plus it's performance on crash test we can see on u tube is unsurpassed.

America needs export consumers to be healthy, on the other side, the other countries need American economy to be on it's feet and well for the global benefit.
This is a chemistry reaction that goes both ways. Let us wish the world to trade more and fight less. There's no room for leaders and enemies but a great demand for partners and colleagues these days.

Also our little community on this forum works the same chemistry. Inform others or your news, ideas, mod’s, problems and you 'll be informed by them. Help and you get help. Share and others will share with you. Ask and you get reply. Reply and you'll be thanked. Ignore and you 'll be ignored.

Just my big thank you, God bless you all, and wish you to enjoy your Nitro just as - or even better - than Greek Bro's do!

PS : Summer is approaching and tourists are heading for Greece, my open invitation to all forum members, whenever you come in my great country I 'll be available to provide my assistance.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
congrats Johnny and thanks for the support of the forum and to me personally. well deserved and enjoy your new badge!

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Winner

CONGRAT'S JOHNNY.....Well earned win.

NITRO BROS. INC. WIN NOTM MAY 2009.

Reactions: MeanGirl

·
Registered
606 Posts
congrats Johnny and thanks for the support of the forum and to me personally. well deserved and enjoy your new badge!
It is you Meangirl and your work on this forum that deserves our thanks! As for the badge, you gave it to me, and I will wear it with honor my friends :)

Reactions: LYC79 and MeanGirl

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nice write up and many congrats Johhny....:)
A Big thank you to you CL, let us all tell the world how happy we are with our Nitro's and let new people come on in this great forum !

Reactions: dk1677

·
Registered
606 Posts
CONGRAT'S JOHNNY.....Well earned win.

NITRO BROS. INC. WIN NOTM MAY 2009.
Hi Billy! Thank you! Take a look under my badge it says
"The Nitro BROS inc.!!!" I just adopted your idea,
( you did not copyrighted it ! :chuckle: )
We are a company with my brother after all working together,
not only on the Nitro's but also partners in our job :)

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Congrats Johnny! You can wear your new badge with pride. You have earned it! :appl:

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congrats Johnny! You can wear your new badge with pride. You have earned it! :appl:
A big thank you for the applause Scar0, The Nitro BROS are thankful :smileup:

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Fantastic johnny very nice nitro !!!!!!! Or nitros!!!!!! well done :rep: :smileup::smileup::smileup:
You know X29 I have a hard time recognising my Nitro, I think I will find my self driving my brother's...Then he will come to me like that :mad:... lol.
A big thank you and own to the next mod! :smileup:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congratulations my friend. Keep up your great work on this forum!
Our thanks! When the next mod comes out from Nitro Bros inc. :chuckle:
I ' ll let you know! :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Congratulations JOHNNY!! Well deserved win. This should be twice as special for you. You are the first Inferno Red NOTM winner! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congratulations JOHNNY!! Well deserved win. This should be twice as special for you. You are the first Inferno Red NOTM winner! Congrats!!!
Thank you! :smileup: But I would not believe that I am the first Inferno Red NOTM, I guess then that we ( my brother and I ) are the 2 first Inferno's that won !!! :chuckle:
( there's no other color for Nitro :):):) )

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Congrats Johnny, and a your passion for Ameican cars is inspiring.

If we ever make it to see the relatives in Athens, we will look you up!!

Ken

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.