1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.NitroForumZ.com

Nitro of The Month Contest WINNER!

Miss Daisy is our November 2009 Winner

Now a word from the Man of the Month Miss Daisy!!!

I am both happy and humbled to have been nominated to compete in the NOTM competition for November 2009. Thanks to NITROVER for the nomination and thanks to CharlieK, Scaro, and Zino for seconding the nomination. I'm a bit puzzled by the lack of voter participation, but sincerely want to thank ALL that did take the time to vote. As shown in the vote count, I won the competition through default rather than getting the most votes. I want everybody to know that I, of course, wanted to win but was content in finishing second by vote count when I looked at the final results. I appreciated just to be nominated as being an honor due to my short time of being a Nitro Forumz member.

What does winning mean to me? Having that "NOTM badge of honor" beside my avatar is as good as it gets!

As most regular participating members know, I am an "old car nut" - I've been on this planet longer than most members and enjoy sharing with others the automotive knowledge that I have gained from those years of experience.

I have owned my 2007 Nitro SLT 4X4 since June of 2007. I have put almost 43,000 miles on it since then and it is still 95% as clean as it was the day I proudly drove it home for the first time. I had a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4X4 that I liked well enough to drive until I wore it out in 2006 with around 150,000 miles on the odometer. The main reason that I was so fond of it was because it looked and performed like a rugged mid-size SUV and the body style wasn't being changed every year or so. When it became necessary to replace it, the Cherokee Sport had been replaced in the Jeep world by the Jeep Liberty in 2003. Nothing about the first generation Liberty in 2006 tripped my trigger to replace the Cherokee Sport with one. Finding a last model year 2002, or older, Cherokee Sport in a condition that would meet my satisfaction wasn't possible. However, in 2006 a "new kid on the block" small SUV hit the market, the Chevrolet HHR. It wasn't available as a 4X4, but it did have front wheel drive and I liked the scaled down size, nostalgic retro look, copied from the 1949 Chevrolet Surburban (a granddaddy of the SUV). In June of 2006 I bought one, an LT. It was OK, but I missed the secure feeling of having a 4X4 drive train and wasn't as happy with it as I had hoped I would be.
Almost one year later, to the day, I was driving by a Dodge dealership and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a NITRO for the very first time! Being as my HHR was barely a year old (a time when depreciation takes the hardest hit), and only had 21,000 miles on it, it was not a time when I was considering a new vehicle. BUT - I had to have a NITRO, I had fallen in love! Yep, I bought one and love it as much today as I did the very first day of ownership.

I had found another sweet rugged looking mid-size SUV with a body style that hasn't changed to this day. Having that opportunity twice in a lifetime ain't such a bad thing. I liked its looks "out of the box" well enough that the only modifications I wanted to do to it was add some running board's, pin stripes, and more aggressive tires. Rather than mods, I take great pride and satisfaction in being a "clean freak"/attention to detail kind of guy and having people tell me that they can't believe it's a 2007 model because it's as clean as it is.

I appreciate the welcoming, friendliness, and knowledge that I have received from the members I have encountered during my period of membership. I especially like the way members unselfishly support each other with personal or vehicle issues, something that I have noted on threads since I have been a member, and on older threads that I have read that were created before I became a member.

Yep, I'm glad to be part of the Nitro Forumz extended family, and I thank you ALL for accepting me into the world wide "Tribe".

·
Registered
456 Posts
Congrats my friend :smileup:

the Moral of the story is: "what counts is who "Finishes 1st" in the race not who leads during the race " :D. That was deep I know, I was looking at it and going whoa !!!!! :p

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Congrat's Rob... I never had a dought as to whom the winner in this edition of NOTM was from the beginning.
Some times you just have a feeling and you wait for it to happen!
It's not up to us to figure out how!!!! Just know that there is a higher power at play here...

Keep up the great "Presence" on the board...:rep:

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Well done Miss Daisy! You can be assured, you have truly earned this wonderful badged of honor. As you stated, there are a great bunch of folks here on this forum and I consider you to be one of them. Congrats!

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts
Congrats Miss Daisy !!!!!!! :smileup::smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
well deserved award...much kudos to you! :smileup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.