Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nitro of The Month Contest WINNER!

CharlieK September 2009

Now a few words from the Man of the Month!!!

I found this forum after being informed by a Hyundai dealer that all Chrysler and Dodge products were “inferior junk”! I found that very disconcerting; a Korean dealer talking about an American car company like that. American car companies have done a considerable amount of self-damage, there is little doubt of that, but I still believe in most of the “iron” they produce.
We were looking for “SUV” type vehicles to provide the reliability, comfort and room for a timely evacuation of my wife and I and our animals in case of hurricane evacuations. We live very close to the South Louisiana coast. The vehicles we had, a Chevy Impala and Colorado pickup truck did not meet these needs. We liked the Hyundai Santa Fe until we were talked to like simpletons. We immediately went to look at some “inferior junk”! I had visions of something like a Dodge Durango but when I saw them, the size was really more than we needed, just too big. Walking back from the lot we saw what would become our own ’09 Stone White Nitro R/T!

We piled in to take a test drive and the truck felt very solid and comfortable. My wife would be the main driver and I could tell she liked it, I think it kind of surprised her. We drove it home that day! This was in the last week of May and now, with 3000 miles, we have had zero problems and still love the Nitro. Sure, it has some things that could have been done better but it surely meets all our expectations for the price we paid for it.

About a week later, I was doing research on Nitros and reading all the bad reviews when I decided to join the NitroForumZ and talk to some real owners; get the true story. What a breath of fresh air that was. Here were all these Nitro owners that were happy with their vehicles and busy modding them like crazy and creating individualized vehicles to match their own tastes. Now, I was not real hot on joining a car forum! I had done that once when we shifted from Mustangs to Corvettes for our sport cars. I’ll just nicely say that, it was not a breath of fresh air! LOL
NitroForumZ has exceeded my expectations for information! That would be bonus enough but what really floored me was the camaraderie and friendships that quickly form. All car forums have a percentage of members that are just never satisfied and this was no exception. The difference is that the NitroForumZ membership quickly takes these people in, kindly, and tries to help them resolve their problems so that they can also enjoy all the fun we have here!

I would like to thank you all for picking our Nitro as “Nitro of the Month”. I consider this a real and distinct honor! I have enjoyed participating daily in the forum activities and think that I have learned enough to start a little “modding”, as my wife rolls her eyes! Don’t worry, she’s on board! You guys are all great and Peg and I thank you for helping us along and giving us this very nice honor (honour, for you Limey)!

Reactions: NITROVER

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Charlie & Peg. Congratulations on the NOTM win. Most deseved and well earned.
Could not have happened to a nicer guy.

CharlieK. NOTM. Winner "Stone White Rules"
September 2009....:smileup:

Reactions: CharlieK

·
Registered
787 Posts
Way to go Charlie! I told ya it was coming!! You have a sharp Nitro, if it was Black it would be perfect!! LOL Very nice picture of you & Peg! Your a asset to the group! Congrats Buddy!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congrats to you Charlie and Peg !

It is a shame for the American auto worker, that a Korean car dealer in America refers to the historical Detroit brands like that. It is an ethical and historical issue.
The "car dealer" should spend the time to do a research to learn that when the Dodge brothers produce vehicles in Korea they even lack donkeys.

You truly deserve your new badge, and our community realy needs great members like you. Well deserved :rep: Charlie and Peg :smileup:

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Well done! Congrats on the win. You can wear your new badge with honor.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
congrats to you both, Charlie, your wife is adorably cute!!! I am very happy that you won!! very much deserved!

·
Slackering Queen
4,096 Posts
Congrats to you and wife Charlie !!! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Fantastic Charlie you are a Great Member and good friend you have a great Nitro shame about the Colour LOL only joking !!! Your win is well deserved. I will leave you to Bask in the Glory Have Fun .Martin

·
Registered
789 Posts
Congrats, Oh-B-One! Well deserved, and the badge looks great next to your cockatoo. Lovely wife you have there too ... you are truly a lucky man. Nice to see your much better half ....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Way to go, CharlieK!

Congratulations!!!

"-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.