2010 Dodge Nitro Se, Completely Stock (for Now) | Dodge Nitro Forum

2010 Dodge Nitro Se, Completely Stock (for Now)

Discussion in 'Dodge Nitro Pictures' started by Garrett Ford, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Garrett Ford

Garrett Ford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Dodge Nitro SE 3.7L
    Trim:
    SE
    Color:
    Light Graystone Pearl
    Any Suggestions on What I should do first that is budget friendly??? Any input is appreciated! She is 8 years old and only has 84,700 miles!

Attached Files:

2. Metaldog

Metaldog Well-Known Member NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4 3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    Suggestions on what to do first is largely dependent on your tastes, and your budget. Personally, I don't care for chrome on newer vehicles (after 1985). My first thought is to blackout the chrome, or paint it to match the body color. BUT, an inexpensive upgrade is to tint your side windows, and add a sun visor tint to the windshield. That would be my starting point.

Tinting was one of my first upgrades. I had ALL windows tinted (illegal in some states). My sides & back are 20%, and my windshield is 35%. You literally cannot see into the vehicle unless you are inches from the glass. Even then, it is difficult to see in.

Another inexpensive upgrade is lighting... Headlights, tails, fog lights, etc. I have upgraded all of my lights to LED, with exception of fog lights. Those are next on the long list of mods yet to do.

Hope this helps! ;)

3. Garrett Ford

Garrett Ford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Dodge Nitro SE 3.7L
    Trim:
    SE
    Color:
    Light Graystone Pearl
    I had planned on getting the windows tinted, since I live in Missouri, I'm blacking out the rear and adding (illegal) 20% to the front with a 5% brow, and how much did the LED lights cost you? where did you purchase them from? and are there conversion kits that are required?
    Thanks!

4. Metaldog

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    I got lucky on the lights. I was able to get the Halo headlights with LED signals, and the tail lights as a package deal for $388 from Nopi.com. The headlights and tails are made by Spyder. The tails are called "dark wine" tint. Instead of a vivid red, they add black to the mix and then mold them. When you are close, they appear as dark red & from a distance almost black. I opted for the dark red molded vs. having to tint them or use VHT nightshades. I hate the orange peel effect that usually results with sprays. Not to mention the wet-sanding to make it smooth. :rolleyes:

My main concern was visibility of the tails at night, but with LED's there is no worry. The lights are even bright enough to see in the daylight. :)

5. Garrett Ford

Garrett Ford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Dodge Nitro SE 3.7L
    Trim:
    SE
    Color:
    Light Graystone Pearl
    I thought about leaving the stock assemblies in and switching the bulbs over to led with conversion kits then I saw these really cool fog lights! and I might end up buying the pair to see how bright they are exactly!

6. Metaldog

Vehicle:
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    So you know, Garrett. The fogs that are in the Nitro are 4" diameter. Same as what is in the same vintage & newer Jeep.

The only difference between Nitro & Jeep fogs is the mounting brackets. A few folks have been able to use the Jeep fogs in their Nitro by switching the brackets.

I have yet to find a company that makes LED fogs for the Nitro, so I'll be using the Jeep fogs when I do the conversion.

7. Garrett Ford

Garrett Ford New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Dodge Nitro SE 3.7L
    Trim:
    SE
    Color:
    Light Graystone Pearl
    SPYDER 5015563 DODGE Charger, Ive heard that these fog lights will fit the dodge nitro, they are fully led and are smoked! I may take the dive

Metaldog and Scar0 like this.
  8. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    I've see a lot of folks change the interior lights to colored LED bulbs. They look kinda cool. I've just never got around to doing mine.