Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our dodge nitro check ✔ engine light came on, this day scared the crap out of me. I was sitting in a parking spot with my foot on the brake and all of a sudden the Dodge Nitro engine RPM's suddenly accelerated so quickly and so fast it pulled the vehicle forcefully forward without warning and before it could be stopped the Dodge Nitro hit the local Walgreens Building. Nobody was hurt, no damage to building from what I seen, the front end of the Dodge Nitro got damaged and shifted inward. I'm a Dodge lover and this just put me shock. Why would this happen? What caused it to suddenly accelerate at such a high RPM so quickly? The millage on the vehicle is just north of 80,000 miles. I'm still scared to even get into the vehicle and drive it cause I don't want to be driving and it does it again and the situation be very different somewhere else. I don't want to get hurt or anybody else get hurt. What do I do? Its way out of warranty and I don't have a pot to piss in to pay a fortune to fix the vehicle. Is it a simple fix for a local fix it shop or a major problem for only Dodge to repair? Is it a recall problem with the Dodge Nitro line and it just not being told about it? Or is this a case by case issue? Some guidance would be beneficial here if anybody has any information?
[email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts