Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help my hand brake does nothing I've looked for how to adjust it manual says nothing cant find nothing on the internet so I looked here and saw some people took out their center console to adjust it please tell me I don't have to do that

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
removing the centre console is the easy part,
handbrake is auto adjust, just doesn't work very well on any nitro, you need to make sure the handbrake shoes are adjusted correctly, and the linkage between the cables and the shoes are not siezed (where the cable passes into the rear brake houseing), then remove the centre console, clean and lube the auto adjuster on the brake lever, there is also a Airbag module under the centre console, so best to disconnect the vehicles battery Negative lead before any work is started,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
removing the centre console is the easy part,
handbrake is auto adjust, just doesn't work very well on any nitro, you need to make sure the handbrake shoes are adjusted correctly, and the linkage between the cables and the shoes are not siezed (where the cable passes into the rear brake houseing), then remove the centre console, clean and lube the auto adjuster on the brake lever, there is also a Airbag module under the centre console, so best to disconnect the vehicles battery Negative lead before any work is started,
Dang it mopar that's what I was afraid of would a dealer do I'm not comfortable taking apart my interior that far

·
Registered
2007 R/T
174 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'll see if that works later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts