Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 DODGE NITRO 4X4 FOX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing out the front turn signal bulbs and accidentally disconnected the drivers side (left) air bag sensor and now the light in the dash is always on. I disconnected the negative battery cable waiting approximately 15 minutes reconnected cable and the light is still on. Any trouble shooting suggestions / recommendations moving forward.
Thanks In Advance,
Chuck

G

·
I was changing out the front turn signal bulbs and accidentally disconnected the drivers side (left) air bag sensor and now the light in the dash is always on. I disconnected the negative battery cable waiting approximately 15 minutes reconnected cable and the light is still on. Any trouble shooting suggestions / recommendations moving forward.
Thanks In Advance,
Chuck
You reconnected it right and it still has this issue or it may be a faulty sensor or faulty airbag you'll have to go to a dealer probably for that issue surely you plugged it back in right

·
Registered
2010 DODGE NITRO 4X4 FOX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You reconnected it right and it still has this issue or it may be a faulty sensor or faulty airbag you'll have to go to a dealer probably for that issue surely you plugged it back in right
Yes I did reconnect and plugged it back in. Why would it be a faulty airbag? This only started by disconnecting the sensor by accident. Before that there wasn't a issue.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
i can take a look in the workshop manual, maybe there is some info,
there are plenty of warning notes in the manual saying "disconnect the battery before working on the vehicle electrics" maybe this is one of the reasons,

·
Registered
2010 DODGE NITRO 4X4 FOX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can take a look in the workshop manual, maybe there is some info,
there are plenty of warning notes in the manual saying "disconnect the battery before working on the vehicle electrics" maybe this is one of the reasons,

·
Registered
2010 DODGE NITRO 4X4 FOX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nitrogen-I guess its possible. If you find something drop me a line.
Chuck

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
the manual says if you service or replace any component of the SRS system (supplemental restaint system) then a SRS verification test must be carried out using a diagnostic scan tool,

·
Registered
2010 DODGE NITRO 4X4 FOX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the manual says if you service or replace any component of the SRS system (supplemental restaint system) then a SRS verification test must be carried out using a diagnostic scan tool,
Thanks for that. I'll try one of the auto part chains see if the have one of those scans.
Appreciate it,
Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts