Dodge Nitro Forum banner

2010 nitro gate ajar light still on even after disconnected hows this possible???

848 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  3dcuda 
#1 ·
So my daughters 2010 nitro has the gate open light and dome lights on....I messed with the latch....switched wires...now its unplugged and still gate light is on with dome lights.....how is this possible??? Help

#2 ·
Not sure exactly how that model is setup. I’d guess something has rubbed and two wires touching somewhere. Or power arcing over a board causing the confusion. Sorry can’t be more helpful. If nothing else u can follow the wire. Sure that would be a time. I do not have that years SM to tell u where it goes

#4 ·
Possibly a sensor gone bad. Whatever is telling the dash the light is on. I think there is one in the back hatch. Maybe in the latch itself.never been in the hatch to have a look lol

#7 ·
If you have a tester, test for voltage on the Violet\Orange stripe wire at the plug. Do NOT apply voltage to the plug! The sensor could run on a 5V computer line. If there is no voltage, test the same wire for continuity to ground.
Test the black wire continuity to ground.

Ohm test pin 1 and pin 2 on the latch side when the latch/catch is open.
Then do the same when it is closed. Post results please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.