Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while driving my 2010 Nitro it was snowing sonic hd it in 4x4 mode. When we got to where we were going the asphalt was just went and while trying to park in 4x4 the Nitro was sluggish on acceleration and felt as of the front end was binding up. Does this seem like a case where I should not have been driving in 4x4. When in 4x4 on snow it was fine and 2x4 it was fine on the asphalt but 4x4 on wet asphalt it was having issues. Do you think the issue was trying to drive on asphalt that wasnt slippery enough for 4x4?

Thanks all!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
Oh, ya! Never use 4x4 on non slick ground, especially when turning.

·
Registered
41 Posts
in 4x4 mode, while turning, the front tires fight each other as 1 is going in a tighter radius than the other and needs slippery conditions at that time while giving the best traction. you can in a parking area situation turn it to 2x4 until you need it again.
even in light snow I do not use the 4 wheel drive ( less than 2 inches ) unless there is ice under it. the Nitro with good all season tires ( and tread life ) can handle it, but each driver is different and should drive within their ability..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts