·
Banned
11,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to our October Winner!!

Blue ram

And now a word from your winner.....

Thanks you all that voted me the Member of the Month.​
I have enjoyed our forum for a long time. In 2006 Chrysler Corp. started advertizing the Dodge Nitro. These ads of this new SUV really caught my attention. “I wanted one!”. The pick-up we had was a beater, old Ford. In mid December 2006 we made our decision, placed a factory order for our Electric Blue SLT. The Nitro was not cheap. It set us back a ways, and waiting for delivery was painful. I kept checking every which way to find out when I would get it. Finally it left the assembly plant on January 31, 2007. The paper work was drawn up on February 21, 2007. I had to pinch myself I finally had it. Boy did we get looks. And the colour was amazing. There were hardly any Nitros on the road at that time and everyone was asking “What is it?” “ It’s a DODGE NITRO!” CAN’T YOU READ??​
One day at work I was messing on my break through the Intranet. And what popped up but “Nitroforumz”. I decided to look into It, and join to see what others thought of and liked about the NITRO. I don’t get on the site much; I still haven’t reached a 1,000 posts. Some of the members back then are still on. The name Waldorf sticks to mind. Many more joined later, all talking about the love of our “rides”. I love my Nitro but did hate the MPG. It was a gas guzzler! Some of the numbers shown by dealers were very misleading. It took a long time but I overcame that. What I get today is very comparable to others.​
I finally did some modifications when we started to tow a Travel Trailer; CA1 and muffler, and Chip II and front trailer hitch. And no not to park the trailer but to hold front of kayak or a bike rack while towing Travel trailer. To date I have close to 150,000 km (93,000 miles) Driven Alaska and California and yes, I still love this vehicle.​
As for the forum, it is very interesting and informative. People discuss the pros and cons, their mods, their trips. It’s like talking to friends. Reading the questions of others and Newcomers, and Maybe offering advice. I have put in my two bits worth.​
This year we were able to put some faces to the members in the west and had a small group meeting. I hope we can do this again next year with an increase the group size.​
Thanks again,​
BLUE RAM (Bob)​

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
Always good to see one of the pioneering members get recognized for an award.
Congratulations Bob on this MOTM win.

:rep:

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Congrats Bob! :appl:
It's about time you received NOTM.
It was good seeing you again this year and I'm looking forward to next years meet.
But I must say, the rack on the rig behind you, really needs new paint on it. :rofl:

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Congratulations on your win, Bob! (er, ******!). I guess I never noticed that you have been on the forum for so long. Kudos for that, also.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Congrats Bob! :appl:
It's about time you received NOTM.
It was good seeing you again this year and I'm looking forward to next years meet.
But I must say, the rack on the rig behind you, really needs new paint on it. :rofl:
Yes now that we all have a close up of same :chuckle:

Reactions: dk1677 and Scar0

·
Registered
282 Posts
Congrats on the win. You have a beautiful ride and it was well deserved! :smileup:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Congratulations Bob, sounds like you are 1 of those lucky people that got a window sticker with your name on it. I hope to possibly be there sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Thanks for the congrats over 5 years on the forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.