Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the correct order to bleed brakes? I think I should bleed the right rear then the left rear followed by the right front then the left front. Am I correct or is it different?
Thanks to anyone who can confirm.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,459 Posts
Since the Nitro was discontinued in 2011, IE there is no 2019 Nitro... So nope won't work. lol ;)

All kidding aside, you are correct. 1 and 2 below, only if you have induced air into this area.
1. Master cylinder
2. Junction block
3. Right rear wheel
4. Left rear wheel
5. Right front wheel
6. Left front wheel

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOOOO! I meant 2009 not 2019. I need to learn to type. Do I need to bleed everything if I only opened the right front hose?

·
Registered
53 Posts
if you only opened the front, I believe you only need to do the front brakes.. but if you want to be 100% sure you could do them all. it takes only a few minutes to do with a brake hand vac. and remember brake fluid is hygroscopic ( tending to absorb moisture from the air ) and to do test stops in a safe area before any real driving.
old or a lot of moisture in brake fluid looks like snot, re-building / upgrading my 35 year old motorcycle, brakes and hydraulic clutch had bad fluids - that is how I know what it looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts