Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a road trip today. About 150 miles was at 69 mph, 135 miles at 59 mph and 15 miles at 35 mph. I thought it was a good ride today. I didn't baby it, But I didn't goose it much either. Thought it was pretty good mpg. We have now 3900+ miles on her. :Racing:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Took a road trip today. About 150 miles was at 69 mph, 135 miles at 59 mph and 15 miles at 35 mph. I thought it was a good ride today. I didn't baby it, But I didn't goose it much either. Thought it was pretty good mpg. We have now 3900+ miles on her. :Racing:
You have to love that!!! On my 02 Envoy the best I ever got was 20 and that was all freeway. My Explorers... 17-18 and none of them were were anywhere close to being as fun to drive as the Nitro (although the Envoy does have a screamin' fast engine for a 6). Looks, capacity, handling and respectable mileage. Nitro is making a statement!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I like those numbers. I'm impressed. My general thoughts of most Chryslers is their not so good in the MPG department. Also, its never been documented, but supposedly the Powertrain Control Module (Engine Computer) switches to a leaner burn after about 18 000kms (approx 11 000 miles) so the MPG may get better. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Powertrain Control Mod. switches to a leaner burn!! what in the world are you talking about? My Nitro could switch to Warp Drive and still not get 23 mpg. Why not switch at 100 miles? Where do you hear this stuff?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I feel really gipped now!!! 15.5/18.6 in the flat-lands of Maryland. There has got to be something wrong with my engine to get such poor mileage at 3300 miles.:(
On 1/8/07 I had my first oil change and the TSB performed for the surging problem that a lot of you guys complained about. I topped off the gas tank Saturday the 13th, took a trip to Ocean City and back plus an addition 20 miles (in-town driving), the total was 97.3 miles. I filled "guzzle" back up with 4.409 gallons and did the math -- 22.07 MPG!!! Yippee!!! Now I need to conduct a straight city only test this week and post the comparison. I'll do this sometime this week. I love my Nitro even more now!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.