Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Its been a crazy couple of years and I'm finally able to work on the nitro before my son takes it.

OME springs shocks and jeep'n by Al A-arms for the 2.5 - 3 inch lift and now after some long time away I need to find Aggressive rims for the new rubber.

Looking to get 17x9 to accommodate the tires but wanted to know if a -12 offset would work ( pinch wield still in tact ) dont mind getting dirty to get that look. Appreciate the help in advance, really want to get some wheels and back out there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I run 265/70r16 with +25 offset rims. Lift is about 2,5" and I only get very little scrub. 255/65r17 are smaller than mine.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,682 Posts
I currently run 245/70/R17 BFG T/A KO2 tires on mine with zero suspension mods and zero offset. Have had no issues with them thus far, and they have been on almost 2 years now. Here is my thread on them: New Shoes For The Dog!

From what you described, it sounds like you should be ok to run the tires you want. You may have a tad bit of rubing on turns though.

Reactions: C. Pytko

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,343 Posts
Hello all, Its been a crazy couple of years and I'm finally able to work on the nitro before my son takes it.

OME springs shocks and jeep'n by Al A-arms for the 2.5 - 3 inch lift and now after some long time away I need to find Aggressive rims for the new rubber.

Looking to get 17x9 to accommodate the tires but wanted to know if a -12 offset would work ( pinch wield still in tact ) dont mind getting dirty to get that look. Appreciate the help in advance, really want to get some wheels and back out there.
9 wide with a -12 offset, you’re going to have some rubbing.
I’m running a 9 wide with +0 offset with 3” lift and had to do a good bit of trim work. (I have a forum on here somewhere. From when i ran stock wheels and spacers with the same size tire I have now, and with the wheels i have now)
With that tire and wheel setup, you may have to modify the pinch weld and some bumper/inner fender modifications. (On the inner fender, if you don’t want to do cutting a heat gun works great! Heat it up enough to reform the inner fender liner and then let it cool)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Just a reminder…
Negative offset pushes the wheel out (more aggressive stance….depending on the wheels width also)
Positive offset brings the wheel back (more of a tucked look….depending on the wheels width also)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m running a 9 wide with +0 offset with 3” lift and had to do a good bit of trim work. (I have a forum on here somewhere. From when i ran stock wheels and spacers with the same size tire I have now, and with the wheels i have now)
With that tire and wheel setup, you may have to modify the pinch weld and some bumper/inner fender modifications. (On the inner fender, if you don’t want to do cutting a heat gun works great! Heat it up enough to reform the inner fender liner and then let it cool)
This is exactly what I was thinking. I dont mind doing more work, just want the wheels out for an aggressive look. +40 is stock how how much would be sufficient to get the wheels out without the rub. 🤔

I'll look for a thread with wheel and fender mods next, thx!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
This is exactly what I was thinking. I dont mind doing more work, just want the wheels out for an aggressive look. +40 is stock how how much would be sufficient to get the wheels out without the rub. 🤔

I'll look for a thread with wheel and fender mods next, thx!
with mine.. I did the bumper valence trim, reshaped the front and rear part of the front inner fender liners, and cut the “molding sill”/rockers on the back part of the fender. If i can find my forum, i’ll share the pictures

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Idr if i shared this or not, i figured i’d post it on here.
This is the wheel-well modification
Cut the pinch-weld out from within the wheel-well and had it welded. My friend is a welder and did a pretty good job, in return i paid for lunch.
The inner fender liner was slightly cut, used a heat gun to soften up the plastic and re-shape it a little, then used a zip-tie to hold a piece back. Also the part closest to the edge of the fender i cut and folded back, used the heat gun some in that area, and a zip-tie to secure it.
Currently looking to replace both inner fenders, and redo the inner fender mod. Rather have the pinch-weld area covered by it. I do have the welded spots painted with 3 coats of chassis paint, Still holding up!
Also need two new rocker panel/plastic trim along the bottom...
here is some pictures

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I went with the 2.5" extended shocks, but the rear is 2" lifted. I do plan to add the clevis spacer to the front and a coul sprind isolator to the rear....until i can get the 2.5" JBA rear coil springs.
Here some pictures i took today.
Before doing some more modifications i have a few things i need to take care of, so it may be a while before posting my next modification.
( Currently need a new master power window switch, side roof trims, gear selection switch, and TB :\ )
here is some pictures also

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
9 wide 0 offset what size are you running on them?

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
798 Posts

no mods as far as cutting. No air dam. Slight rub depending on terrain

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

no mods as far as cutting. No air dam. Slight rub depending on terrain
Not bad. But positive offset keeps the wheels tucked and doesn’t cause as much rubbing.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Not bad. But positive offset keeps the wheels tucked and doesn’t cause as much rubbing.
Yes. Exactly. Lol. I have only a 1/2-3/4” poke out. Mostly on front. No major cutting and still get the look. IMO the pinch weld should be left alone unless you know what your doing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright so did the pinch weld on the driver side and took off the fender flare. I believe I will move the fog lights center on the bumper and fabricate a fender flare to stop any kick up. Nitro actually looks good like this lol.

Another question on wheels though. As far as the center hub bore I found some wheels with an 80mm, only center rings I could find was 71.5 - 78.? Something will this work?

·
Registered
798 Posts
You could prob have a machine shop make you some to your specs…… ideally you’d want hub centric rings yes. Otherwise all the weight is on the lug studs. I have seen some be ok though. I had rings when I got mine installed and the guys did everything they could to talk me out of using them. I didn’t use them and been fine. I also only had a couple mm difference. Don’t know how much difference that makes

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I think the rings would really depend on the weight of the wheel and tire combo.
I’ve seen some cars get by without them, i’ve also had a Jeep JK in the shop that kept breaking studs. JK had 22x10’s and 33” M/T’s and after installing the rings the customer never came back for broken studs.
I got mine from Amazon. My wheels are really heavy but I have them on just incase…better safe than sorry imo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So.. had an issue with Realtruck.com I'm not getting the -12 offset instead opted for 0mm offset from BBWheels instead. Figured the difference isn't much so will play with this set up for now.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Lookin good. Wheels look about flush with the fenders….or where the fenders use to be

1 - 20 of 22 Posts