Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of lifting my 08 nitro to put on a set of terra grappalers on the stock rims but they will just barley clear would the lift help or no. The reason I'm putting on tires like that is because I trail ride and track ride a dirt bike and it would be nice to go further out on some of the trails I go to.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,683 Posts
The Daystar 2" lift is a decent lift for mild to moderate off-roading. Several folks have used the Daystar (or similar) lift with good results. Even with the lift, I would stay at or bellow a 31" tire. Anything larger and trimming of the wheel wells (front) will be necessary.

·
2,683 Posts
Well im going from 245/50 20 to 265/50 20 would that cause any problems at all?
Here's your size difference:

You should be fine. With a 2" lift you should be ok. You may have slight bit of rubbing on full flex, but I doubt anything worse than that. :)

·
2,683 Posts
You may need new (longer) shocks. Other than that, you should be good. :)

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
You can find my thoughts on budget lifts here. I think it is a good read and will give you some things to ponder for the Long Term.
Check out the OME lift spring kit (similar to my first lift). They are made over in Australia.
If you get the OME2927 springs for the front and OME2731 springs for the rear, you will get 2.25 to 2.5" of lift.(even though it is advertised as a 1.5" lift.[all that is allowed in Australia.])
If the kit does not include front and rear shocks you will need those also.

Reactions: Metaldog
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.