Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all and thank you for the valuable information you guys post.

I have had 3 Nitros so far, bought the 1st one brand new 2007 bare bones 3.7 six with a manual transmission.
Actually liked the manual transmission, traded it in for a dodge ram pickup.

Bought a used 2007 Nitro 4 X 4 in 2015 and gave it to my son who is still driving it at 138,000 miles in Arizona.

Just bought another one here in Florida a 2011 Detonator metallic gray. I do like 4.0 motor better has much better pickup.

It still has a starting problem ( probably why it was traded in) which I posted. Once in a while it will click and the started will not spin. Try to start it again and it starts right up.

Since the battery, starter, new key made and relays have all been changed I will most likely bring it into the dealer and just see what they can do.

Reactions: Scar0 and dk1677

·
Registered
622 Posts
Did the fuel pump relay get changed? Sounds similar to other members problem. One I’ve dealt with as well

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would the fuel pump only make the starter click once and then nothing ? It acts like a bad battery connection but I know its not that.
Once you turn it to off and try a second time it starts as normal.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mine does the same as far as the restart. Turn off. Crank right back up. BUT, my starter does try. I get like a half crank. I agree. “Sounds” like battery but if you know that’s not the case....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah brand new battery and starter. How long has yours been doing this ?

·
Registered
622 Posts
The fuel pump relay getting hung is a common issue, she just needs some fuel!!! Lol since the day I bought it. About 2013 ish. It’s an 07

·
Registered
622 Posts
The fuel pump relay is soldered so I never changed it. There is a bypass kit for this issue online somewhere. Like 10 bux if u wanted to just try it. I dunno why I never bought it myself lol. I have enough other wires going into my TIPM as it is tho

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Hello and welcome @bad455, to the Nitro “Z” family!

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
Thanks for putting your rig details in your Sig!

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,439 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts