Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question is does anyone have a R/T ordered with Full-Time 4WD?

Since there was a Post that stated it would not be available till 07/01/07 I have tried to find if this is correct. I sent a e-mail today to my Dealership asking, and just got off a "Live Chat" with the Dodge.

Think I was just told what I wanted to hear from the Chat since I asked about the R/T with this option and their reply was the R/T was available January 01, 2007. When I asked again Robin (who know what their real name was) the reply was they have not been supplied that info. I then stated it was listed on their main On-line Order & Option Site and why if it would take 8 months to build? Final reply was it is available.

Would make sense that the transfer case would need to be re-designed to handle the 4.0-Litter 260 HP engine, but again as someone else has stated just make it a 2008 Option if it is not going to be available in the near future.

Has anyone else asked about this when ordering?

G

·
4wd rt on order

I've got one on order. The saleswoman jokingly asked if we would mind waiting a couple of months for it to be delivered. I realise now she wasn't joking!!!

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a couple of months? Try a few

Boy is that a FACT! My agent said that it was about 6-10 weeks...try 14 weeks...HOPEFULLY! Ordered mine in mid-dec. and looks like early march. Since I live in Washington I decided the best thing to do was to get the full-time 4wd r/t. Too many trips into the mountains, and when it snows here in the Puget Sound...well all Hell breaks loose!

·
Registered
148 Posts
260HP isn't remotely enough to warrant re-design, and in any case they have produced part-time 4WD RT's ... I have one. However, my salesman said ALL part-time 4WD production has ended, and only full-time 4WD will be available on all models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.