Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
just my opinion but i look at the NITRO as more of a street cruiser type (maybe lowered, wide street performance tires, etc)

the 2008 jeep liberty to me will be the off road (big tires, jacked up off road suspension, off road lights, etc) version

but then thats just my opinion

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
just my opinion but i look at the NITRO as more of a street cruiser type (maybe lowered, wide street performance tires, etc)

the 2008 jeep liberty to me will be the off road (big tires, jacked up off road suspension, off road lights, etc) version

but then thats just my opinion
Thats the beauty of vehicle customization, to each user its their own look and feel - I defintely wont want someone to have something similiar to mine!

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
that is very true ;)

i was not saying it should be a certain way...its just my opinion
and i agree its great to have something different from every one else :p
yep! Ill be making more money come January = more money for mods so Im pretty excited...its actually quite hard to find good wheel pictures headon - which makes it real easy to photoshop on...DiscountTire.com has a fairly decent tool that shows you wheels on your car - however they havent added the nitro...yet;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
considering the Nitro has 1.2 inches more ground clearance than a honda civic I don't think many folks will off-road them - but looking the part is the point (who really offraods an SUV anyhow?) and any number of tires can give you the look, try tirerack

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Its all looks..Keep in mind that was a very quick photoshop I did..Those tires are not to scale and wouldnt even work on the nitro like that due to tire clearance..It was just to "see how itd look" [End Disclaimer] :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Thx for doin that. I think it would look good on a black RT with the right tire. I like the cruzer look too but everyone else is goin to go that way so Im thinking of setting one up for the wife as a mini urban assult vehicle. (Mall parking lot warrior) LOL

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I agree with the Nitro as a street cruiser probably being the way most will go. Not that you couldn't jack it up for off road but there are no skid plates etc. The Nitro set up is really more to be a cool looking street utility vehical. To me that's the beauty of the thing. It looks rugged... but also a little pimped out. It's big enough to comfortably fit a decent group of people... but it's nimble and not a big gas guzzling boat. Two wheel drive... four wheel... what ever you want the Nitro has the package! What do ya think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know the nitro will never be a tough as nails road warrior. Thats what my CDT is for and believe me its a monster. I would however like to set the wife up in a Nitro RT that will taker her anywhere she needs to go in good and bad weather. thats mainly why Im thinking of putting a set of BFG allterrains or something similar. That way she will have better snow and mud traction. Besides stock tires are always lame. Im also thinking of some type of light bar for the front to mount a couple or fogs so she has extra light if needed.Ive had the big wheels with low pro tires and its way more fun being able to drive over things than bending a wheel everytime you find a new pot hole. Carr makes a mount for lights that might work well. I have one on my Ram and its a pretty nice piece.

http://www.carr.com/store/carrlightwings.asp

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
syndicate you are correct the stock meats are lame unless you mostly hwy. drive but a good set of a/t 's really wakes this baby up for harsh driving conditions. the susp. & handling are already pretty well thought out new meats made it a beauty & beast. the stock fogs word real well but I'm upgrading to sylvania silverstars found you can get them at auto zone.com $19.99 per bulb.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
syndicate you are correct the stock meats are lame unless you mostly hwy. drive but a good set of a/t 's really wakes this baby up for harsh driving conditions. the susp. & handling are already pretty well thought out new meats made it a beauty & beast. the stock fogs word real well but I'm upgrading to sylvania silverstars found you can get them at auto zone.com $19.99 per bulb.
You replacing just the fogs? And when you go to replace them itd be cool to get a picture w/ one fog light running the new bulb and one still running stock to see the difference :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.