Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
So basically I hate the 3.7L and the 4 speed tranny combo I have. The car is just too heavy for this engine. This is one of the slowest feeling cars I have ever drove lol but I love everything else. The unique look, the interior, etc. So I'm determined to swap it for something better. Ideally a 5.7 hemi. I can't find ANYTHING about this except a couple of questions and the SEMA 5.7l that I'm sure everyone here knows about. The only answers to this seem to be "it can't be done" or "only if you have a big stack of cash" but no explanation. If this can not be done why? And what engines could be swapped? If it takes a big stack of cash, how much? Would 10K do it?

On a separate note, I was talking to a friends cousin who lives in south Florida and he says there is a shop there call Afterhours mopar (or something) and from what he figures they may be able to do something like this. No one answers the number he gave me. Has anyone heard of this place?

Thanks ahead of time for any help. It's very much appreciated and hopefully everyone had a good weekend :)
First of all the Nitro is NOT underpowered. It's a powerful amazing machine. Towing is incredible 4 wheel drive is jeep worthy and the fact you even said the nitro is under powered....tells me you should have it taken away from you. Your a f/÷$'fb idiot. It's best you never speak of any dodge EVER again going into the future. And you should probably be smacked in the mouth and have your license taken away you are true fucking moron.
So basically I hate the 3.7L and the 4 speed tranny combo I have. The car is just too heavy for this engine. This is one of the slowest feeling cars I have ever drove lol but I love everything else. The unique look, the interior, etc. So I'm determined to swap it for something better. Ideally a 5.7 hemi. I can't find ANYTHING about this except a couple of questions and the SEMA 5.7l that I'm sure everyone here knows about. The only answers to this seem to be "it can't be done" or "only if you have a big stack of cash" but no explanation. If this can not be done why? And what engines could be swapped? If it takes a big stack of cash, how much? Would 10K do it?

On a separate note, I was talking to a friends cousin who lives in south Florida and he says there is a shop there call Afterhours mopar (or something) and from what he figures they may be able to do something like this. No one answers the number he gave me. Has anyone heard of this place?

Thanks ahead of time for any help. It's very much appreciated and hopefully everyone had a good weekend :)
First of all the Nitro is NOT underpowered. It's a powerful amazing machine. Towing is incredible 4 wheel drive is jeep worthy

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.