Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends - I burn most of my own CD's & usually max out an 80 minute CD. Usually, I can get 20 to 25 songs on an 80 minute CD. However, when the player gets to the last 4 or 5 tracks (I would "guess" where a 70-minute CD would normally end) it (the player) stars to skip something fierce. I had this same problem with an early Bose Wave Radio-CD - Bose informed me that the early models weren't designed to play 80 minute CD's. Am I expiencing the same thing with the player in my Nitro?

It boggles my mind that the technology is this old in the Nitro - for two basic reasons: cuz 80 minute discs would play in my '96 VR-4, and secondly, you can't buy 70 minute CD's anymore.

This may seem like a trivial point, but it just seems that such a "state-of-the-art" vehilcle still has remnants of early 90's technology. But, then it's the only thing I have found to whine about the Nitro. Loking forward to any comments/input. Thanks for listening! :(

·
Registered
202 Posts
I haven't tried that yet. I suppose since you're burning a disc already, as a work-around you could encode MP3's of those songs, which would get you well beyond the time limit of a standard audio CD.

But then that really underlines the absence of a random button on the 6 disc changer. Ugh.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the replies. I like the simplicity of "regular-type" CD's vs mp3's. Ya know like one for one for the Doobies, another for Pink Floyd, etc.. It's probably why I haven't broke down & bought an Ipod - I'm still using the ol' portable CD player. Plus mp3's don't cross platform to most of my stereo gear in the house. But, I am surprised to hear that it seem I'm the only one having this problem - probably will ping on the dealer when I go in for my 3000 miler.
Thanks for taking the time! Fair winds and following seas!:pepper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.