Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has this setup (or a part of it) have any of you noticed an awkard sound while listening to cd's? It only happens to me when I am listening to discs, the sound is not present when listening to Sirius. The sound is very hard to describe - it is a higher pitched almost whistling sort of sound. It doesnt seem to happen all the time but it is there from time to time. If anyone else is noticing this let me know!

Thanks,
Will

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The audio sounds great, its just i hear this whistling/whirling/i dont know how to describe it noise every so often, maybe someone else will experience similar issues..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Could be interference with your cell phone. I own a Nextel and it really screws with desktop speakers and When I got my Nitro I noticed something similar to your problem. I research in my Nitro to come up with an exact situation.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be interference with your cell phone. I own a Nextel and it really screws with desktop speakers and When I got my Nitro I noticed something similar to your problem. I research in my Nitro to come up with an exact situation.
I dont think thats the issue..and if it was..it should effect Satelite radio if anything and not a CD playing..Im going to try another cd too..Ive played the same cd for years and ive never heard that but it cant hurt to try :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
If anyone has this setup (or a part of it) have any of you noticed an awkard sound while listening to cd's? It only happens to me when I am listening to discs, the sound is not present when listening to Sirius. The sound is very hard to describe - it is a higher pitched almost whistling sort of sound. It doesnt seem to happen all the time but it is there from time to time. If anyone else is noticing this let me know!

Thanks,
Will

On a tangential note:

I heard a similar sound this morning with my iPod which was simultaneoulsy plugged into the auxillary jack on the faceplate of the radio and the cigarette lighter. I unplugged the charger, and the sound was gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.