Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 disc changer sounds and works great, but I have noticed that the C.D. keeps on playing even when I switch to FM or any other mode.
I am Not saying I can hear it playing... but the CD continues to run in the background and when it ends it switches to the next CD in line.
I'll explain:
When listening to a CD, I check the timer that tells the exact possition on the song played, then switch to AM, or FM for a while and switch back to the CD to see that the song continued to play thru.

I'd expect it to stop, wouldn't you?
If this is happening then is'nt it true the the 6 CD changer is always running even when not being used?
:confused:

· Registered
19 Posts
I have this issue too. The only thing I can think of is that it keeps playing so those of us that have the Rear Seat DVD player can play a DVD in the back while listening to Sirius or the radio at the same time.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DJDUB, I have the dvd video system but not Sirus. But you may have something there... I would think that with the DVD player off the sound should be off too. Also my CD's play no matter what is on OR off. I seriously doubt the MFG would want a 6 disc changer to play nonstop!

· Registered
19 Posts
DJDUB, I have the dvd video system but not Sirus. But you may have something there... I would think that with the DVD player off the sound should be off too. Also my CD's play no matter what is on OR off. I seriously doubt the MFG would want a 6 disc changer to play
nonstop!
I think if you have the head unit off but it keeps playing the DVD, you'll still get sound from the wireless headphones and still be able to watch the DVD on the rear screen.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NitroWill suggestion solves the continous play DVD!

I guess i've been fooled! NitroWill's last post prompted me to re-check the DVD Player. Using the remote I pressed the remotes power button to off and the mystery is solved! I asked my Kids if the DVD Player was off & they said Yes, but all they where diong was closing the screen while the DVD player was on, assuming it turns off that way. :shakehead:
No I'm not gonna blame them... I gotta say I'm glad it is solved ! :ura1: Thanks so much to all of you on the thread. Frank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.