Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It kind of seemed like a gimmick when I bought the truck. I guess it would be great if I was loading something heavy like TV but thats not very often.

But tonite I found a great use for it. We went up snow skiing in the Nitro tonite. It handled great in the snow. Excellent power up the hills, great traction when accelerating & when braking. Even set off the Traction control a few times & could feel it making the correction before I did.

But the Load n Go paid it's dues when it came time to get suited up. Pulled it out & used it as a bench to put on my ski boots. :Banana01:

I bet others find a million & one uses for this thing too.

PS: Over a foot of the freshies tonite..... cold, light & dry. It was sweet! :pepper::pepper::pepper:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I actually found a very good use for the Load-n-Go on my Nitro. The other day my son needed a diaper change and was crying up a storm and i didn't want to wait to get inside a store and change him inside a grungy walmart restroom, so i took the stroller out of the back and pulled out the Load-n-Go threw a blanket over it and changed him real quick. worked like a charm. i also use it for tailgaiting as well.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I hide my tools! army shovel, socket set, wrenches, jumper cables, what ever i can squeeze in there. I also have used the load and go for a new tv & frig for work (2 trips)
when your alone it helps, for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I come from a farm and I use mine to take supper and lunch to the field at harvest and seeding, we pulled it out and use it as a table so we don't have to sit inside.
Really handy. I too have used it as a diaper change table.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Using the space under it as well for the road-side emergency tool kit flash light and straps.
I agree with "Treviso" , pulled it out twice to use as a changing table for the Grand-son.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love the fact that I'm able to now store all my 'must-have' equipment out of the way of regular use. I know others on the forum have utilized the area to mount expensive amps and whatnot. I don't think this was a bad choice by Dodge at all!

- Aaron

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a day within the first 2 weeks i had my Nitro that i wanted the load n go sooo badly.
I was loading and unloading about 500 pounds of concrete into the trunk.
Puts a real strain on your back to have to lean over to get it in their. With the load n go i would have just pulled it out and pushed it back in!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I come from a farm and I use mine to take supper and lunch to the field at harvest and seeding, we pulled it out and use it as a table so we don't have to sit inside.
Really handy. I too have used it as a diaper change table.

mmmmmmmm mmmmmm Good, nothing says country cookin like supper and pooo filled diapers!!:eek:

I use mine at least weekly, heavy tools and even once a 400lb electric fireplace, and the benefit I see is I would still be putting this stuff in the nitro even if it didnt have a load n go, but since it does, it saves me from scratching the interior of my nitro, by allowing me to slide the items in with the load n go instead of sliding them across a floor and damaging it.
:cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's awesome for tailgaiting. Went to a football game with some friends and became the life of the golf course. Everyone wanted to check out the Nitro and ask questions, etc. I was even wearing a t-shirt for the visiting team...no one cared. They just wanted to see the ride.

We pulled out the Load-and-Go, and used it for food, beer etc. Then right behind it, I set up a flat screen tv from the house which sat perfectly in the storage space and plugged in the outlet directly between the seats. We also set up a tent that ran off the tail gate.

Anyway, thats one way in which mine has stood out. But I can reason with both sides. AT times I love it, others I don't.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.