Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

Am still waiting for my Nitro <grrrrr>, and thanks to a couple of members, have called to see where it is in the process.

However, I have browsed other dealers in the area, and they have the one that I ordered (a bit extra, but I am able to afford that)....should I contact my dealer salesman and let him know that there is one available, or should I just wait? I want to be as ethical about this as possible.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Hey all -

Am still waiting for my Nitro <grrrrr>, and thanks to a couple of members, have called to see where it is in the process.

However, I have browsed other dealers in the area, and they have the one that I ordered (a bit extra, but I am able to afford that)....should I contact my dealer salesman and let him know that there is one available, or should I just wait? I want to be as ethical about this as possible.

Thanks,
Rich
Well I have bought at least two cars from other Dealers (one was from out of State!) using my local Dealership. There may be some added expense from your present Dealer to do this since they buy it from that Dealer, pick it up and resale it to you, but there should be. Call your Dealer up and tell them you have found another Nitro in National inventory and was thinking about buying it, or could they? Nothing to lose, but something to gain. Your new Nitro NOW! Since I usually want to special order my vehicles, Dealers usually want to do a search to see if they can find a new one in inventory nearby so they can have a sale now, instead of waiting a few months. I have had good experiences with these types of sales, and your Local Dealer is listed as the selling Dealer. Your salesman may have to pick it up and drive the car back so you will have some miles put on your new Nitro, but if you want to pay extra they can have it trailered in. If nothing else I bet they will give you a better expected delivery date on your order. Remember you have not really bought a new car till you have received delivery and driven it off their lot! They want to keep the sale and not lose a sale.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a dealer that sent 2 guys to Daytona Beach to pick up a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for me and I live in NC. No extra charge and we got the vehicle we wanted. It had the extra 500 miles on it but it was here.
My dealer didn't charge extra to pick my Nitro up from another dealer 200 miles away. While there's always that lingering question as to how it was treated before I finally got to claim it, I figure that's what the warranty is for. And if not, then I'll have an excuse to get an R/T or SRT someday, right? :rockon:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: I want to be as ethical about this as possible.

'round my neck of the woods (New Jerzey) to many any Salesmen don't
know what Ethics are... :xxx:

But, It doesnt hurt to ask... beats waiting!
The suspense :pila: must be killin you!
Either way... It will be worth the wait!:woohoo:

Good Luck, ;)
Frank

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Waiting

...got that right! I want this to be over soon! I want to drive to my family's house on Christmas in my new Nitro! Who needs sugar plums when you got this baby dancin' in your head?!

Already thinking of a license plate <g> - thinking maybe K Padre, since I am a priest (padre=father/priest in Spanish), and "Que (pronounced K) Padre" means really hot/bad/cool - you get my drift :D ....kinda fun - hope it hasn't been taken!

Peace,
Rich

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the latest...

...well, I called my dealer and supposedly the Nitro is assembled and waiting to be sent (I will be calling Dodge with my Ref. # after a meeting today). It was interesting in that he said that he had an orange Nitro in stock... I am a bit confused - why sell me one that he has (not even the color or options I want), but not want to go with another dealer....am I missing something? :confused:

thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so, I call Dodge...

....not even built yet! arghh!

called th dealer, and he seemed surprised that it is not built yet...told him I need some info here....why can't he just get the vehicle I have seen online from the nearby dealership...said he would get back to me....

I called 3 hours later and left a voice message, saying I want an answer soon.

Trouble is, I wrote out a $500 check when I ordered the vehicle....would hate to lose that...

thanks for letting me vent a bit....:i_rolleyes:

Rich

·
Registered
202 Posts
That sure is strange. Unless you've ordered some options that are completely out of line with what that particular dealers idea of what will sell, I don't understand why they wouldn't want to close the deal asap. The couple of times I've ordered a new vehicle the dealers were very intent on finding something similar first (and hopefully upselling with options I didn't know I wanted :)) Even after ordering they would continue to look and if something popped up nearby they'd give me a call wondering if I wanted that something similar now instead of waiting a few more weeks. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps this dealer doesn't have a good reputation with the other dealers around, and maybe they won't trade with or sell to him.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the input...

...I tend to trust folks, and I am getting a bit leary now with the dealer...

I will call the other dealer to make sure that he has it in stock....

thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I called my dealer a couple weeks ago, I spoke with one of the reps and he told me mine was already built as well. Called a few days later and the sales manager told me that I had not been built yet. I added the remote start since it had come available since originally ordering. He told me that they had a nitro ready for shipment from toledo, but it was one they had ordered prior to mine and that the other guy mis-took that for mine. When it came in he offered it to me, but it had more options than I wanted. I politley said no, I can wait. SO here I sit and wait..... I feel for you Chitowner. I wanted mine by Christmas along with you. Maybe you have a little more influence than me. Could we somehow put a good word in to the man upstairs so we could get them by Christmas. On second thought... I'm sure there are more important issues for him to deal with. But.... I WAN"T MY NITRO.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wanted mine by Christmas along with you. Maybe you have a little more influence than me. Could we somehow put a good word in to the man upstairs so we could get them by Christmas. On second thought... I'm sure there are more important issues for him to deal with. But.... I WAN"T MY NITRO.

Steve - check out the thread that is "And now for something totally different..." - I am getting it from a different dealer (from Black to Khaki)....an issue for me was the fact that the salesman said that he couldn't go to another dealer, but was willing to sell me a Nitro that he had on stock (with none of the options I wanted)... I passed on a few levels...

hope it happens for you!

Rich

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.