Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been having an issue with my nitro lately. I took it on a trip to the northern part of wisconsin and the A/C worked just fine for the first 45 minutes, but after that it stopped blowing air completely. I decided to stop at the next autozone to see what was wrong and the evaporator was completely frozen. I figured it was low on freon, so i grabbed a bottle of freon, let it thaw out and filled it. I let it run for 20 minutes before hopping in and drove away. Got 20 minutes down the road and the same thing happened. Anybody have any suggestions on what could be wrong with it? Id appreciate it

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,459 Posts
There is supposed to be a sensor that keeps an eye on the evaporator temp.
If it was removed or damaged the A/C compressor will keep running and condensation will freeze up the in the fins of the evaporator.
The sensor is located in the rear of the HVAC housing, near the bottom of the instrument panel on the passenger side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is supposed to be a sensor that keeps an eye on the evaporator temp.
If it was removed or damaged the A/C compressor will keep running and condensation will freeze up the in the fins of the evaporator.
The sensor is located in the rear of the HVAC housing, near the bottom of the instrument panel on the passenger side.
Ill have to check that tomorrow when i get a chance, ill keep this posted. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If you can put hoses on it, pressures at the high and low ports will provide a good hint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts