Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

So I got myself a Dodge Nitro 2.8 diesel automatic (2008) ...with many issues!

I’ve read many threads on here but my fault appears to be quite unique!

...here goes

I bought the car with a continual Service Parking Assist amber light on in front of the dash. The light won’t switch off whatsoever and I get the message on the dash

Then, when I go into reverse, the ABS/EPS amber lights come on, red airbag light, amber EML and noticed my rear brake lights intermittently flash on and off. Furthermore, when I then drive forward, the amber EML light remains on along with the ABS/EPS light. If I then shut the vehicle down, the lights disappear only leaving the amber EML light. If I then do roughly 3 or 4 separate journeys, the EML finally clears

...however, the whole process is repeated when I reverse the car!

It’s going round and round in my head what the problem may be? I thought parking sensors so took it the garage where they said 8 and 9 were coming up with a fault ...but why would that effect the airbag or the ABS sensor going forward?

Then I thought ABS sensor? But that comes on when selecting reverse without the wheels moving

Also, at times, I get a box around EVERY letter PRND on the dash and the rev indicator starts bouncing up and down like the vehicle is confused what gear it’s in

All the garages are keeping a distance from me and don’t want any involvement but it’s sounding like and fast becoming a money pit!

Someone please give some advice, I could cry!

Andy

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,115 Posts
Welcome to the forum
andyjck208

@. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Take it to a shop and have them check for Trany codes, as well as others.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Scar0 ...yes I’ll introduce on the link you sent :)

According to the garage, the “Main faults” are the 2x sensors ...then there’s 27 others relating to almost everything on the car!

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
some warning lights may be on even if there is not a fault,
for example if you have a Wheel Speed Sensor which is faulty then normally the ABS ESP BAS warning lights will come on and Cruise Control won't work because the vehicles computer has switched them off for safety reasons untill the main fault has be found and repaired,
i would get the list of fault codes then start fixing them one by one, easy cheap fixes first.

also just found a thread where a member had issues with park assist and ABS warning lights, turned out to be a WSS which was causing his issues

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
here is the thread, go to last post,

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So ...update!

The last few days I’ve been completely warning light clear, couldn’t believe it!

Today however, it’s heavy rain in the UK with Storm Dennis. I left my house, went through a puddle and the electrics went crazy ...so I’m convinced I have an exposed wire somewhere either on the Parking Assist or the Traction Control sensor on one of the wheels!

I’m just waiting for my new handbrake to arrive from USA then it’s going into the garage to be fitted along with Parking Sensors 8 and 9 (as per fault code)

...I’ll update you ASAP. Finally, light at the end of this expensive tunnel! (Fingers crossed) .....

Reactions: Scar0
1 - 6 of 6 Posts